Feeder Bugs

Charlie

the guy in dunedin AINT cheap
im sorry you feel that way but as far as im aware we are half the price of biosupplies and the casual traders on trade me. we charge 50 cents per locust and the locusts are as big and fat as i can get them to grow.

most of our customers are very happy with what they recieve.

doddle69 ; i would be happy to send you some adult males and females so you can start breeding. i can also provide info if needed.

email to [email protected]

or pm

good luck

malcolm

(that guy from Dunedin)

I have bought them from that guy in Dunedin and the only ones cheaper at the time were the ones I bred myself. It was a good hassle free transaction and I was happy with the very good service. It took me a few mistakes and a bit of time to get a reliable and continuous breeding program going so you may not get it right first time, but if you want to keep reptiles it certainly pays to breed your own, have deep pockets or be prepared to not feed your pets properly.

dont meen to hi jack the thread or anything but this guy on trade me said meal worms and waxworms are dangorous and not to feed at all!

and i dont think that is true is it?

i agree to a certain extent. Mealworms are hard to digest and have little goodness in them.

they can chew there way out & or do damage internally to your herp. Feeding the appropriate size and well hydrated mealworms reduce's the risk. and feed to your herp well before lights out so they have time to digest etc

Ive gone off mealworms. Crickets are the best food out, roaches are up there but prone to escaping, locusts are good.

Waxworms as a treat if at all.

jmo

i agree to a certain extent. Mealworms are hard to digest and have little goodness in them.

they can chew there way out & or do damage internally to your herp. Feeding the appropriate size and well hydrated mealworms reduce's the risk. and feed to your herp well before lights out so they have time to digest etc

Ive gone off mealworms. Crickets are the best food out, roaches are up there but prone to escaping, locusts are good.

Waxworms as a treat if at all.

jmo

mealworms chewing their way out is a urban legend... i have never seen and threads or pics of this???

also mealworms are a steady diet for most herps.

are you speaking from experience?

No well because the only reptiles i own eat a pellet diet... Turtles are nice and easy to feed...

But i am speaking of many hours of constant research of keeping Leopard Geckos and other lizards...

You dont need to own something to know about them, it pays to own them for experience.

Mrs Google may sit on the right hand side of god but she can be influenced by advice given from people that only think they know what they are talking about. For that reason I try to make sure that she is giving me information provided by people that do know what they are talking about. If you look at the food chart provided with the bearded dragon care sheet you will find that they have a very high P to Ca ratio and therefore unless additional calcium is provided the calcium required for the absortion of the P will be drawn from the bones of the reptile resulting in MBD. They also have a hard chiton exterior and are not easy to digest. They should be fed only occasionally according to that chart.

In my view they are fed too much and it is usually because they are easy to culture and cheap to buy rather than being the best food available.

I do feed them but only occasionally, and I would suggest that that you work hard at getting to know how to culture other live foods before your leopard geckos arrive.

No well because the only reptiles i own eat a pellet diet... Turtles are nice and easy to feed...

But i am speaking of many hours of constant research of keeping Leopard Geckos and other lizards...

You dont need to own something to know about them, it pays to own them for experience.

perhaps some more research would show your turtles could do with some variety

as alan has said just because it is easy doesn't make it right

people repeating what they have read on the internet is how urban legends grow

perhaps some more research would show your turtles could do with some variety

as alan has said just because it is easy doesn't make it right

people repeating what they have read on the internet is how urban legends grow

turtles can be feed many diets i know, but they are happy on a pellet diet...

Also yes meal worms are easy to culture and buy cheaply but i believe they are a good source of food...

I have linned up cricket breeders to purchase from to vary their diet... They wont be just on mealworms...