Got me some new fush :)

Fruju

Picked up 3 large hoplo catfish, free convict cichlid, 1 delhezi bichir and another leopard ctenopoma :D:D Will hopefully post pics tonight. Also, one question; the bichir appears to have REALLY small pectoral fins for its size, 1 is bigger than the other but they do not seem to have been bitten coz their not ripped up :-? any ideas? will they grow bigger as he ages more and become closer to the proper scale? But he has really nice stripes although morcs did drop him several times :roll: he did break a dorsal spine lol, but hes ok. The port hoplos are so active, they swim so much, highly reccomend them.

I have one which has orange/red on pecs, and has the tail extension, the other 2 i guess are females? on another note has anyone kept bichirs with really small pectoral fins? Have they grown back? I dont know if its a genetic fault or not?

I have one which has orange/red on pecs, and has the tail extension, the other 2 i guess are females? on another note has anyone kept bichirs with really small pectoral fins? Have they grown back? I dont know if its a genetic fault or not?

It must be just the way it is, he swims ok ay. I reckon take some pics and ask on MFK.

I have 3 hoplos but have not tried to sex them. The males have thicker pectoral fins when they mature.

Spawning is triggered by large water changes, using cool water, and thereby quickly lowering the temperature. Males that are in breeding condition have a blue/purple sheen on the under belly. The parents should be removed from the aquarium after spawning or they will eat their own eggs and fry.

I remember a Dunedin club member spawning these a number of years ago. They build big bubble nests!

True! i guess i have one male and two females, the male has a blue sheen on his fins too, but atm there is no aggression. I hope the delhezis fins grow larger, compared to my larger ones the proportion is a lot smaller, hard to get a photo with shoddy camera tho :roll: if they do grow larger he will be one of my favs for sure. will post pics today :D