yay i finally got the fitting for my shower to fill my tanks

aaron11

WOOOT no more buckets

i went to mitre ten it was only 4 bucks for a brass fitting that screws in to the shower and joins up the hose to the shower so I can fill my tanks with warm water

Was a bit worried about the plastic stink in the hose but my fish lived !!!!!!1

So now its one hose out the window with the stone vacum

then fill it from the shower

I CAN DO ONE 90 LITRE AND THE 60 LITRE AND THE 3 FOOT TANK AND THE 22 TANK IN ABOUT AN HORU

then half an horu to fix up my plants :P

i have been thinking about doing this for my tanks - what do you do about the chlorine and chloromine ? do you put the water ager stuff to sort that out in the tank prior to the fill up ? or are you slowly adding the new water and not adding any ager ? surely it should only take about 20 to 30 mins to do the 2 tanks ? cause it takes me 90 mins to do my 3 tanks and they are 50% water changes weekly

cheers

skip

i have been thinking about doing this for my tanks - what do you do about the chlorine and chloromine ? do you put the water ager stuff to sort that out in the tank prior to the fill up ? or are you slowly adding the new water and not adding any ager ? surely it should only take about 20 to 30 mins to do the 2 tanks ? cause it takes me 90 mins to do my 3 tanks and they are 50% water changes weekly

I put the water conditioner in my tank prior to adding tap water. It depends on the water pressure. At my house it takes 40 - 45 minutes to fill up about 200 litres with warm water so all up 1 1/2 hrs to do my tank in the house.

cheers

skip

so it doesnt matter about putting it in before the water goes into the tank then

I put the water conditioner in my tank prior to adding tap water. It depends on the water pressure. At my house it takes 40 - 45 minutes to fill up about 200 litres with warm water so all up 1 1/2 hrs to do my tank in the house.

Hi, I haven't had any problems with adding the water ager to the tank and then filling from the tap. I have to turn my filter off as its an FX5 and I half empty my tank. It sounds like a waterfall!.

Good thought though about the bacteria and one I hadn't considered.

i have a python

http://www.pythonproducts.com/aqprod.html

they are quite expensive however you can buy the venturi piece from TM or some lfs and make up your own piping just remeber to have an on off tap near the tank end as they have incredible suction if you are connecting to a kitchen mixer tap you need an adaptor which normally comes with the venturi piece its a white piece of plastic crap and is normally useless after a couple of goes but metal ones are availible on TM or for CHCH people at 'mikes not just fishing' in carmen road

thanks for the link - i will take a look for the parts at the lfs tomorrow :)

i have a python

http://www.pythonproducts.com/aqprod.html

they are quite expensive however you can buy the venturi piece from TM or some lfs and make up your own piping just remeber to have an on off tap near the tank end as they have incredible suction if you are connecting to a kitchen mixer tap you need an adaptor which normally comes with the venturi piece its a white piece of plastic crud and is normally useless after a couple of goes but metal ones are availible on TM or for CHCH people at 'mikes not just fishing' in carmen road

We got the aerator attachment from the *fix a tap* stand at Placemakers and we got a reducer and brass hose coupling from Bunnings, it works well.

Our water comes from a spring which is piped into a large concrete tank and then gravity fed to the house, but unfortunately the alkathene runs along the top on the ground and our cold water is about 30 c at the sink during the heat of the day.

We got the aerator attachment from the *fix a tap* stand at Placemakers and we got a reducer and brass hose coupling from Bunnings, it works well.

Our water comes from a spring which is piped into a large concrete tank and then gravity fed to the house, but unfortunately the alkathene runs along the top on the ground and our cold water is about 30 c at the sink during the heat of the day.

Shouldn't be much work burying it and it will keep cooler.:)

did you get the whole waterbed type attachment thingy to empty and fill the tank or do you just suck on the pipe and syphon it off that way and use your attachment to fill only ?

you could rent one of those trench diggers and have some fun while your at it :)

*shudders*

It's about 450 mtrs worth along side a hill and the ground's like concrete ATM, I'm not afraid of hard work but.....meerrrrrkggh.