Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Juwel Tanks

Featured Replies

Great looking tanks. My Juwel Rio 400 arrived last Monday, in the process of setting it up. They seem to have very good lighting. I took the internal Juwel filter out of my tank and I'm going to run an external Ehiem instead. My sister has just finished setting up her Juwel Rio 240 looks great and zero noise from the internal filter, it seems to be doing it's job as well. Pics of it can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42904

Overall they are high quality tanks, that are aesthetically pleasing. Great for the living room.

Nice looking tank - but i would never buy one again. I've had nothing but trouble with mine, the filter is no good i have gone through 2 pumps so far (i've only had the tank not quite a year) and now have given up on that filter and run a internal filter so now I am left with a unused big black box inside the tank. also the heaters that come with the tank are rubbish also had that replaced twice. The lights on mine come on when they decide to work.

I agree with the heater, its not able to heat to temp i want it. i currently have a 100W on the otherside!!

I will be replacing it with a 300W jager i think.

Pros:

Super quiet filter (I've had no problems with my motor yet). Looks great. The lights are pretty good. It keeps Kitty's fat pouch warm on cold days. The filter and heater are hidden in the black box, which I've got a pretty algae growing over => looks super cool. It also has a pretty cabinet. :lol:

Cons:

My heater was also useless, when set to max it would only heat to 24 degrees! Luckily I always keep a spare. I'm terrified that if my fat cat jumps on the lid too much then it will snap, which would mean the lights would shatter too, and then Kitty and the fish would all die. You can't clean the filter without sending bits of gunk back into your tank water. Some people have problems with algae growing between the box and the glass. And the lids rattle when my washing machine is on.

But I like it. I'll be opting for an external filter in future though.

I am also on my 3rd pump. The heaters are rubbish. On real cold days it only heats the tank to 22. The lights are allright but interfer with the tv. I would never buy one again.

Nice looking tank - but i would never buy one again. I've had nothing but trouble with mine, the filter is no good i have gone through 2 pumps so far (i've only had the tank not quite a year) and now have given up on that filter and run a internal filter so now I am left with a unused big black box inside the tank. also the heaters that come with the tank are rubbish also had that replaced twice. The lights on mine come on when they decide to work.

Why don't you remove the internal filter?

  • Author

Thanks for the feedback guys. Heater isn't much of a problem as I already have a spare one I could use but sounds like the filter is crap. its a shame cause I think they look real nice but for the price tag you'd expect everything to work well.

Why don't you remove the internal filter?

? if I removed the internal filter then i would have no filter running. The box is silconed into the tank - i do intend on trying to remove it when I strip the tank down next time.

? if I removed the internal filter then i would have no filter running. The box is silconed into the tank - i do intend on trying to remove it when I strip the tank down next time.

Sorry I meant the "unused black box" use a bit of fishing line or a stanely knife with a long extendable blade to slot between the juwel filter and the glass. That's how I got mine off. Then you can just scrape the left over silicone off the glass with a scraper of some sort. Took me ages to remove the damn thing but I was experimenting and trying not to damage the tank. Ended up getting it off with no scratches on the glass, just be careful and take your time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.