betta fry died over nite

bikiegirl

Hi there,

Next time dont do any water changes until they are bigger, water changes at 7 days is way to soon.

I dont do any water changes in my tanks for at least the first three to four weeks and at the moment have 4 tanks with at least over 100 fry in each tank.

My youngest been 1 month old , and I have only done a water change once.

Hope this helps abit.

Regards

I was doing water changes on my fighters only a few days after swimming and they were all fine....

There could have been something in the water (e.g chlorine) that could have affected them, or the water could have stressed them in some way (too cold or too hot)...

they could of also starved as they generally can't eat bbs untill they are quite bigger, as they are very tiny when they hatch

(they could of also starved as they generally can't eat bbs untill they are quite bigger, as they are very tiny when they hatch)

what is the best thing to feed them on if bbs are to big .

(There could have been something in the water (e.g chlorine) that could have affected them, or the water could have stressed them in some way (too cold or too hot)...)

we are on spring water here no chlorine e.g in the water and tank was watched very closely on temp .

fighter fry size are various between each batch, when they are hatched, same as gold fish, it does not matter what you feed them, i feed my fries BBS since the second day hatched, and i add water up each week till the tank full, and then, they will be big enough to be removed to another bigger tanks with aged water. hope this helps. :hail:

Egg yolk is good food but it is realy easy to overfeed and polute the water. You need to keep the air warm above the tank as well. Easier in a fish house where the room is heated but a good lid can do the same thing. I used to use a drip feed system with infusoria 24/7 then gradually add brine shrimp nuplii as well.