BioPet Products

Zdoda

As per topic, just seen this product around my LFS and on a particular website selling it.

Does anyone have any feedback on the products? BioPet Health Boost is one i am curious about, also how necessary if that is even the case to use such things in my cichlid tanks or even random tropical tank of all sorts? :D

My fish are doing great, i know the saying don't fix what isn't broken probably applies here, but very curious if these sorts of products on what they claim to do actually are beneficial 8)

• 4 weeks later...
My fish are doing great, i know the saying don't fix what isn't broken probably applies here, but very curious if these sorts of products on what they claim to do actually are beneficial 8)

You just answered your own question I reckon. Never dose with random chemicals, especially when nothing is wrong.

Edit: Oops, thread dredge!

You just answered your own question I reckon. Never dose with random chemicals, especially when nothing is wrong.

Edit: Oops, thread dredge!

They were wondering about the actual efficiency of these products.... and it's not really a random chemical

The health boost one could be interesting, wonder if it will get the honey gourami into his full colours....

do you know how much they cost?

• 2 weeks later...

I used BioPet for fungal/bacterial treatment over the Christmas period. I didn't lose any more fish after the 2nd day of usage, but I also used colloidal silver, and I felt it was effective. My Sunset White Clouds Mountain Minnows were dying off a few weeks after introducing 3 guppies and plants.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you don't understand just how great the biopet range is there are NO chemicals in it its all chemical free, colour free odour free , preservative free, also its oil free its 100% safe for you and your fish.

And even better its 100% nz made

the benefits of using it out way no!!

Health boost is just like us taking vitamins to keep fit and health, it helps keep bugs at bay and makes the fish healthy and with that the fishes full colour comes out, everyone that has used it and yes I have used every one of the products goes on how much they like it because the true colour of the fish comes out and the condition of the fish are amazing.

With the fertility I wish it was out years ago because the fry do so much better when you us it, the parents do better and look after the fry and I have even seen fish that used to eat there young once using biopet fertility after a few times raise the young and they have far more so its a win win for fish breeders.

so why not give it a go you have nothing to lose we are very luck to have it as nz is the only country with it at the moment.

In the absence of people trained in such matters I comment that We know that our beloved fish will not live healthily in the chemicals of chlorine and chloramine added to public water supplies which is why we go to lengths to neutralise or remove those chemicals from the natural components of water and minerals. Also we would not drink those chemicals undiluted ourselves. Isn't water a combination of natural elements of hydrogen and oxygen - H2O?, plus other minerals I believe. Take those out by distillation or microwave, or other means and it will not support life. Without knowing the science of it, I would rather use what occurs naturally in our environment than something artificially created which has a different energy which our cells are not able to absorb and use to support and promote life. BioPet products are based on energy vibrations that will [simply put] cancel out the vibration of the energy of disorder. Having used homeopathic remedies myself I have experienced the effect for example of using a remedy to clear cold symptoms as opposed to, say, using a chemical mix of "cold treatments" which mask the symptoms which will often return when you stop taking the 'medicine' because the energy cause of the 'cold' condition has not been cleared or changed. I trust this makes sense to someone!

I would rather use what occurs naturally in our environment than something artificially created which has a different energy which our cells are not able to absorb and use to support and promote life. BioPet products are based on energy vibrations that will [simply put] cancel out the vibration of the energy of disorder.

Your kidding, right?

Here's a fun fact... Everything has a chemical equation and can be reproduced chemically. I had a natural remedy today, bought it at a chemist for less than $2. It's a natural derirative of the Salix sp. can you guess what it was?

Aspirin...

This is one example of the evil "artificial chemicals" that you talk about that have since been re-created in lab conditions for continuous supply and for safe dosing.

Energy? cancelling Energy? The basic laws of physics state that energy cannot be cancelled, but merely changed from one form to another, and by Einstiens work, even into matter, but with the abscence of nuclear fusion, "energy" is not going to come from a mix of herbs and spices.

Certainly certain plants contain a mix of CHEMICALS that can prove to be thereputic, and healing. But to use these safely, they are usually recreated compounds in a laboratory setting.

example: Macropiper excelsum has a astringent in its leaves that is used to ward off insects, but also has a great numbing effect when chewed.... also known as Kawa Kawa... lately there has been much research into the availability to create a product for markets from Kawa kawa.

As for cells not "able to absorb energy"... Did you do biology at school? ever? cells absorb CHEMICALS through a membrane that is activated by receptors (MORE CHEMICALS!) that are sensitive to hormones produced by our brain/kidneys/adrenal glands/ pancreas (MORE CHEMICALS!!!!!)

i like the science mentioned before but i have to admit there are many things not fully explained by science and i find homeopathy one of them i also think the vibration theory is another form of science not yet fully understood but being looked into more and more(quantum physics).

i know plenty of people that say homepathy has fully worked for them even though it apparently defies common sense.

i would be keen to try some of these products one day just the price puts me off some of them

Spoon, I felt the same about the price but sometimes we do anything as caregivers. I am using BioPet Vitality to maintain health after losing several fish and now also for the guppy fry and Sunset WCMM fry. They all look perky and healthy - and I am happy!

i like the science mentioned before but i have to admit there are many things not fully explained by science and i find homeopathy one of them i also think the vibration theory is another form of science not yet fully understood but being looked into more and more(quantum physics).

i know plenty of people that say homepathy has fully worked for them even though it apparently defies common sense.

i would be keen to try some of these products one day just the price puts me off some of them

Quantum physics and string theory are fine, the vibration theory you speak of is looking at the utmost infinately tiny particle theory that has so far been put forward and accepted by science (well, some parts of science). The vibrations of the string theory are on a scale that is beyond anything imaginable or measurable, if ther are any at all. being that these "strings" make up everything around us, to me, there are no *good* or *bad* vibrations. from the quantum mechanics view.

Homeopathy works for some people, fine, theres no harm in that, but what I was meaning is, you can't expect people to blindly believe that just because something you experience/feel that it is the one true way, and everything else is "evil".

There is an answer for everything. Maybe its that the answer is beyond us to be able to fathom, but there are laws that govern the universe, and multi-verses (if you subscribe to that theory too). prove to me in a factual and peer reviewed reference otherwise.

Until then, I tend not to believe hype and mumbo jumbo, voodoo, witch doctors and sangoma, hippy, "one with the universe", "the one ring to rule them all" flower power, etc etc etc....

I have no problem with people having beliefs, but when they contrevene sound and proven physics and laws of the universe, and they start preaching, that gets my hackles up....