New member from hamilton

JamieD

Hi my name is jamie and i am your recent log in to this chat room I have 3 tanks full of fish at my house. 2 tanks are saltwater and one is full of your everyday goldfish, my saltwater tanks are based on animals from the sea and the animals are from the ocean not a pet store, if any of you have tanks like this could you give me some advice. Would be pleased to hear from ya! 8)

Welcome Jamie

...my saltwater tanks are based on animals from the sea and the animals are from the ocean not a pet store, if any of you have tanks like this could you give me some advice. Would be pleased to hear from ya! 8)

Coldwater or tropical?

Hi and welcome Jamie. If your saltwater tanks are cold you will need a chiller as the weather heats up over summer. I ran a cold rock pool tank for a year or two but found it too difficult to keep cold enough when the room sat at 28C. :roll:

I have since bought a chiller but not got around to setting up another rock pool environment.

What sort of fish do you keep in your tank. One of my tanks is set up like a rock pool and I have crabs, kina, butter fish, shrimps, star fish, seasnails and a spotty in it. I try and make an ecosystem. I get the seawater from Raglan and have it go through a filter system.