feeding fry – if not using BBS what's the best alternative?

pink_fish

Hi all, I'm _finally_ about to have a go at my first Betta spawning and so hopefully soon will have a bunch of fry to feed! I've tried raising BBS in the past, but had no success and have lost interest in doing so, so I want to know what the best alternatives are in your opinions. I've started a microworm culture, have Liquifry, NovoBaby (which has 3 little containers, Baby01 being NovoTom I believe), JBL Nobilfluid and Sera Micron – I'm basically planning to use a combination of these foods.

Also, since we both work all day, it means the fry are only going to get three feeds a day – first thing in the morning, when we get home from work, and right before going to bed. Will this be sufficient?

Thanks in advance!

i generally feed two to three times a day small amounts

if your using microworms they stay alive for about 3 days in tank so if you miss a feed its no major

although they grow real slow on microworms

id def try do atleast one feed a day on bbs... thats all i did

did the before bed feed of baby brine shrimp and mornings novotom / other foods etc

had great growth from doing that way

previous spawns i just used microworms until big enough for decap then alternated various foods etc

never really used BBS but you cant beat the results from them

Thanks all for the help and suggestions! My pair have yet to spawn, so no hungry mouths to feed just yet, anyways.

Discusguru – I'm not sure why I couldn't get the BBS going either – all I ended up with was a bunch of unhatched eggs after several goes – maybe I had dud eggs! Might take you up on your kind offer next spawn, but for now will go the microworm/decaps route I think. :)