any mc guyvers in here need some help re a long shower hose

aaron11

I have a wet area shower bath room

There is a fitting where the shower pipe (handshower) fits on the wall

I was wondering how I could jack this up to a hose so I could just fill my tanks out of the shower thing

WOULDNT THAT BE A TREAT !!!

my friend has an old fitting from his shower as he got a new one

Should I try attach it to a hose or what???

Any advice on how to do this cheaply

As I have 4 tanks and it nearly kills me when I clean the lot pmsl

I built a connector that replaces the screw on tip that goes on the kitchen fawcet. You will probably find that the thread is not a standard plumbig thread and that the threads are different for each make of shower fitting. The fittings for the fawcets are available from the places that sell those stupid filters that screw on to the kitchen tap to give you "pure" water. You may be able to make something up with a combination of fittings from the filter place, plumbing fittings including the flexable plumbing hose that goes under your wash hand basin and the snap on garden hose connectors to your hose. Your idea is good and mine works well, but off the kitchen. It allows you to blend water to get the right temperature without hassle

I'm interested in how many people obviously use water from the hot tap to refill their tanks - if you have an older house, is copper from the pipes contaminating your tank a problem? We have always boiled the jug filled with cold water, then added it to buckets of cold water to bring them up to temperature (but we only have a 60L tank). I believe some fish are sensitive to copper (like corydoras) - maybe something to check out first?

I'm interested in how many people obviously use water from the hot tap to refill their tanks - if you have an older house, is copper from the pipes contaminating your tank a problem? We have always boiled the jug filled with cold water, then added it to buckets of cold water to bring them up to temperature (but we only have a 60L tank). I believe some fish are sensitive to copper (like corydoras) - maybe something to check out first?

Many people use cold water from their taps :)

In an older house there is usually iron in the plumbing reticulation. It will be galvanised iron pipes in the house or water supply reticulation as well as frequently a caste iron wetback in a fire place. In the first few weeks of life the copper hot water cylinder reacts with the iron and forms a corrosive resistant amalgum that protects the copper from further corrosion. The house we are in was built in 1945 and still has the original hot water cylinder. In newer systems which do not have a lot of iron in the system there can be a problem but it is not likely or the cylinder would be leaking in a few months. The copper in the system would not be enough to be toxic to fish.

i would jam a hose onto it, wet area shower so it doesn't matter if you have a leak.

i bought an extra hose to join to the existing one so i could use the outside tap to fill my tanks. attached a "nozzle skwirtie thing" so i didn't need to rush in & out turning the tap on & off