I have a plant question

MorknMindy

I have an old plant in a pot that looks just like one of the plants the shop was selling as an underwater plant for tropical tanks. I have broken off some pieces and planted them in the old goldfish bowl full of water and I was wondering if they live and thrive will they be suitable in the fish tank or is it probably another type of plant that just looks the same.

That looks awfully like a wandering jew, a real pest in the garden.

Like most, or should I say some plants sold in LFS, it is a terrrestial plant, may grow in water, but not an aquatic.

Next time you visit, get the name, write it down, then go and suss it out on the puta. :o

Also have a look at the links of the home page here, I'm sure there is an E-book (?) of the FNZAS plant book.

Good for letting you see what is available in NZ.

Also look for the link to "Paul's Plants", an NZer that's is a member of this forum. :hail:

Wish I knew what he's forgotten.

Alan 104

I agree, I thought it looked like wandering jew or wandering willy. Its known under both names. It can be an attractive pot plant but don't let even the tiniest little bit get near your garden or you'll never get rid of it.

Don't know if it would grow under water or not. Might be worth trying because it will grow everywhere else!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Jude

I went into the pet shop today where I first saw it for sale as an aquatic plant and it was no longer there :( I guess I will just leave the cuttings in the goldfish bowl and if they live I will do a bit more research to make sure they aren't poisonous then pop them in the tank and see what happens. I think you are all right about the name though Wandering Jew does sound familiar it was a very popular plant in the 80 and I had hundreds of them now I just have this very sad looking specimen to remind me I once had a green thumb LOL