Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

lepoards

Featured Replies

  • 3 months later...

I have them (from billaney originally) and they are making babies. I am going to put some in the pond in a few weeks and hopefully there will be a population explosion and in a few months enough for everybody. hurrah!

  • 1 month later...

do they cope better in cold water, tropical or inbetween? Have seen a bunch at thepetcentre here (ex hutt pet centre) and think they are wicked but have never kept them? I knew a bloke who used to keep and breed them with guppys and swordtails in 25c here in the hutt!? so it must be possible?

Cheers

LB

They are cold water fish but will cope with 25C.

I have a selection here ready to give to southern man when we meet at conference. Thanks Doug! All are doing very well. Lost one female for no reason I could see, about a week after we got home, but all the rest are going great guns.

You still want some navarre? I forgot you had asked :oops:

I could give southern man a few less :wink:

I have found they breed if they get regular water changes. I don't think temperature bothers them. In their native tropical homes temperatures are 20 - 24C and I have read of a man who kept them in temperatures ranging from 4C in winter up to 34C in summer.

  • 1 month later...

Dragons? We are talking about leopardfish!

Navarre got his and southern man's are ready to go to conference and meet their new owner :wink:

Of course, said new owner HAS TO REGISTER YET!!!

  • 4 weeks later...

Mine are doing great, got a small bunch and now i have a tank full. They don't breed in big numbers but they have no interest in their fry.

I find new babys every couple weeks, looking forward to filling all my tanks with them. They are one of the few livebearers that seem to prefer only freshwater, no salt added and have far more personality than guppys.

Its easy to tell between guppy and leapord fry, the small leapords start off with a cute little tiny black dot about a mil horizontally behind the eye.

I do 10% water changes every 2 days and feed them heavily with live and frozen food. they grow at about the same rate as guppys being given the same conditions. Very easy to breed and a great fish :D

I have 2 tanks of them. One for me, and one I am babysitting the occupants until conference.

Interestingly, the fish in my tank are breeding regularly, the ones in Marty's tank are not :-?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.