Waikato Tank Crawl -all welcome, updated 20/10

Simian

OK folks here's the deal:

Sunday 01 November 2009 we will be having our 1/2 yearly tank crawl. This is our informal crawl (a good reason to be social really) and we'd like to invite anyone who is interested to come along and hang with us for the day.

We will be looking at a wide range of tanks, planted, "unfurnished", nano's, Amazon & Malawi biotypes and marines some of which are from some new members who have kept their tanks behind closed doors until now.

We will do the rounds then have a BBQ meal and a few brown frothy "lemonades" at my place to finish so make sure you carpool and have a driver.

We'd especially like to see our sister clubs represented so we can build on the more social aspects of being a crazy fish person :lol:

It will be well organised with full details being published most likely on Monday.

Book it in your diary we will see you then.

Owen

• 2 weeks later...

Just had our club meeting last night, and Have currently 5 people that are interested in attending your tank crawl.

Auckland fishkeepers are having our Tank Crawl on the 22nd of November, so your Hamiltonians are welcome to come attend our tank crawl, this is open to the Bay Fish and Reptile club too.

Great stuff :bounce:

Shall we have an auction too? it would be great to see what fishies and plants people are breeding and get them circulating.

As we are starting and finishing at my place I will make sure we have the facilities to cover storage and heating etc.

An auction sounds fun :bounce:

How many stops on the tank crawl? I was wondering if we could squeeze in a visit to World of Water? :wink:

I'm still confirming the stops, should have a schedule roughly sorted after this weekend.

As for WOW we usually try and swing by, unless we are really stretched with numbers that can be factored in, probably do the goldfish bowl as well.

Hi All

Date: 01 November 2009

Meet at my Place 7 Forth Crescent Glenview by 10.00 am, our first stop will be at 10.15 so stragglers will have to catch up. (spare time schedule and maps will be in the mail box)

We currently have about 12 stops and about 18 tanks to cover so we will need to start on time, no time for morning or afternoon tea I am afraid, unless someone pulls out, so bring a snack and a drink for the road.

We have tanks entered in the following categories:

Planted

Unfurnished (unplanted, don’t ask me why its called that)

Nano (under 60l)

Marine

Cold water

Pond

It looks as though we will have some out of town visitors and at their request will be doing a visit to World of Water as part of the day.

We will finish the crawl at my place with an Auction and a barbecue tea and drinkies (so carpool from home if you can)

It will be BYO drinks for the BBQ so pack a chilly bin (there is a New World supermarket one block from my place in case you forget).

We will aim to have tea finished by 6.00pm for those people who have to travel and I will pull the pin about 8.00pm for those who want to stay on.

The BBQ sausages and bread spuds etc will be supplied by the club so if members can bring a small salad, coleslaw or some nibbles etc that would be appreciated.

The Auction will run along these lines:

Fish, Plants, spare equipment, books, tanks etc are all fair game so dig out your old stuff you don’t want anymore

Any livestock can be floated at my place during the day so in bags is a good idea.

A fee of the lesser of 5% or $5 will be taken by the club to cover some costs of the BBQ

Reserves can be set but must be clearly marked for the auctioneer to see.

I have loads of 40hr heat packs available at a really low price of $2.50 each with 50c from each going to the club to help cover costs

Bring spare plastic bags rubber bands etc as I never have enough

Kind regards

Owen Lingard