Axolotl Food...

axokeeper

When I was looking after the Axo, the lps sold feeder fish, 5 for $1. They were never 1 particular type of fish from week to week, I think the manager used this as his way of culling off what he didnt want to breed with. The axo would eat 1 every 3 or 4 days there abouts, kept him very active and happy looking.

I do remember reading something about how goldfish have some sort of thing in them that stops vitamin absorbtion so can cause deficiencies. Fish probably shouldnt be considered a regular food source for axies, not only can they do damage to a axie but they arent really designed to handle digesting fish scales etc. If you want something live try freshwater shrimp, they are a more natural diet and less scales too! They also usually live a while in the tank before they get snapped up so are something cool to look at and mine stayed well clear of the axies (didnt pick at them or anything). Live worms are also good like dante said, slugs, moths, assorted bugs etc. The hothouse frozen axie tucker works well too, doesnt go mushy and fall to bits like another brand seems to do. I feed my adults every second day but you can leave them longer. All the above is IMO/E tho :)