huge frontosa!!!

trace&steve

i brought this massive male frontosa tonight off trademe...

anyway we went to collect it and he was in a 3 foot tank grotty as tank with a electric yellow and some clown loaches,, like this frontosa male is a good 20cm massive!!!

in a 3 foot tank :cry: :evil: hes abit on the thin side but thats on the mend :bounce: :bounce:

so as i do i brought it knowing at least he will have a 700 litre tank to swim in till i sort out what im going to do with him :roll: i felt sorry for him couldnt leave him there if anyone is interested in buying him to add to a colony he needs to be with other frontosa it just doesnt look right,,

i will not ship him as hes to big!!!!

so just flick me a p/m

thanx

i will also swap for other malawis !!!!

i brought this massive male frontosa tonight off trademe...

anyway we went to collect it and he was in a 3 foot tank grotty as tank with a electric yellow and some clown loaches,, like this frontosa male is a good 20cm massive!!!

in a 3 foot tank :cry: :evil: hes abit on the thin side but thats on the mend :bounce: :bounce:

so as i do i brought it knowing at least he will have a 700 litre tank to swim in till i sort out what im going to do with him :roll: i felt sorry for him couldnt leave him there if anyone is interested in buying him to add to a colony he needs to be with other frontosa it just doesnt look right,,

i will not ship him as hes to big!!!!

so just flick me a p/m

thanx

lol I was going to say the same thing smidey but couldn't for the life of me find the pic..

I had one of these in my 5ft mixed african tank and he ate my entire adult colony of demasoni while I was overseas so definitely watch your smaller fish, fronts are deep water fish so have better vision than others so apparently they wake up early and cruise around eating all the smaller fish while they are still sleeping..

Poor fish being kept in a 3fter though that is what saddens me about seeing them all being sold on trademe with no reference to their potential size or recommended tank sizes or anything, I bet alot of them have gone to unsuitable homes/tanks :(