Guppy Strains

lduncan

Just wondering which fixed strains or guppies we have in NZ. I'm particularly after one which Redwood aquatics had about a year ago. It was labelled "Green Cobra". It was a well developed green black and yellow snakeskin, does anyone have any of these?

Layton

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to check out petworld.They sometimes have available males and females of the same type(not sure if they are related or linebred) but workable over time.They have red king cobra's at the moment and on their last list they had yellow snakeskins.

I am working on a yellow and red snakeskin at the moment (no where near the quality of the fish in the top photo) but stable.I can sell you some of the fish I am working on or just some virgin snakeskin females that you can start a strain with if you see a nice male at petworld.Just make sure the males are as young as possible to help safeguard from infertility problems although true snakeskins tend to be very prolific.