Son hit a Pukeko

LYNDYLOO

We had an Awesome Family Day at Manfield, Racing today :bounce:

One of my Boys and I decided to head over to Palmy after the Racing, to do abit of Clothes Shopping, while heading there, Son was following Mum, Mum passed 2 Pukeko's on the side of the Road, as I approached the one closest to the Road sort of stepped back, So I'm driving along, singing away to my favourite CD, when I thought Hmmm, thats weird wheres Hayden gone, so thought to myself, Ohh well, he's probably taken the other turn off and we'll meet up in Palmy.

Next minute my Cellphone rings and it's Hayden, so I ask him "Where have you gone" he replies "A stupid Bird just flew onto my Car :o can you come back", so I headed back to see him, here was this Beautiful Pukeko wedged in the Front Grill of his Car :o Hayden says "I ain't touching it" Mum replies "It's ok Matey, he's Dead" he replies "Yea Well I still aint touching it" So here I am, in the Pouring Rain trying to disentangle his Whooping Big Bird out of the Grill of his Car :roll: Got there in the End with abit of Pulling and Tugging, poor thing, Thank Goodness it was Dead, goodness know's what I would have done it was still alive :o

I guess looking on the Bright Side of this, at least the Bird didn't cause Hayden to have an Accident :-?

We have 13 year 8 girls this year at my daughters school, graduating to go off too high school, it is a kura kaupapa maori school, the grad is a big celebration, all the girls wear korowai and some mums are making them for their girls including me, pukeko feathers are great for this.

A friend hit a hawk in a mini and it went right through the windscreen and ended up in the back seat alive and very angry. He swore by the look in its eye it knew who was responsible and was about to seek revenge. He couldn't get near it so he opened all the doors and waited for half an hour for it to come around and get out by itself. It must have looked pretty angry because he had a pet hawk and a possum but swore it had an evil eye and wouldn't go near it. Eventually it flew away so it must have been a very lucky bird.