3 foot tank

SamH

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What bushy plant is that phoenix? (the one taking up most of the tank)

Are there no Ghost shrimps available in NZ? I used to have a couple in Canada....they are clear like the one in the pic SamH provided but they are FW and tropical. Great for a community tank. Would love to get my hands on some again if they are around.

hey, its narrow leaf indian fern that has been given a blasting of blue light to regulate the way it grows. It was then exposed to a whole range of light spectra a make it grow in that way instead of its usual wild manner.

As far as I know there are no FW tropical shrimp that are available for the aquarium trade.

hey, its narrow leaf indian fern that has been given a blasting of blue light to regulate the way it grows. It was then exposed to a whole range of light spectra a make it grow in that way instead of its usual wild manner.

As far as I know there are no FW tropical shrimp that are available for the aquarium trade.

Wow..unds like a lot of work!

Well worth the result though, looks good :)

Poor shrimpies :(

Maybe the NZ FW one can be acclimated slowly to a warmer temp....

:bounce: They have spiked. At first, I wondered why it hadn't turned pink. Came back in a few mins and it was a deep purpley pink! We have Nitrites people!

Once they drop, it'll be all go. First I'll move the BN's and then the seven Platies a week later. Oh, and I must remember to add a CO2 bottle and replace the tubes :P

Not much has changed. Nitrites are way down, added some activiated carbon (no, you haven't won yet Phoenix!) and took some photos of the tank on different angles with a low ISO. Ordered some plants and airline on Friday, hoping for a Monday or Tuesday delivery. Need to finish of the coke so I can use the bottle too. :P

IMG_4488.jpg

IMG_4489.jpg

IMG_4491.jpg

IMG_4490.jpg

IMG_4485.jpg

Any constructive critsism?

It depends, can you send me said shiny black background? :lol:

The water was actually far clearer before I did the water change and added carbon. And even though I have the HOB running at full speed, there's still alot of muck on the surface. Mainly algae but some other stuff too. :-? :x