black spots / specks

BikBok

I noticed this morning that two of my female guppys have tiny black spots and specks around their mouth.

I haven't had any recent additions to the tank , other than fry being born.

What could it be and how do I treat it. I did use the search function but it was taking so long for the page to refresh that i gave up. (i need to get to work - so I'll post here and check back later)

Oh, I also did a quick google on "black spot" but it says it's rare in an aquarium and needs a snail host?

I do have a snail (ramshorn and trumpet) but I don't think the guppy has eaten bits of them!

Water: no ammonia, no nitrtites, nitrates 20-30 pH 7.3

if I need a treatment, bear in mind I have scaless fish (Kuhli) in the tank.

thanks

It may not be anything wrong. I have never heard of any disease or illness that causes them anyay (which isn't saying much, I don't know a lot about fish diseases :roll: )

It may be just a colour change they go through as they age.

You haven't got new glasses recently? Perhaps they have always been there but you are only now able to see them :wink: :lol:

hey there ... i prob would be too worried bout the black spots... doesnt sound like anything to worry about

most parasites are generally white etc

apart from velvet which is gold dust like

as the black specs. they could just be pores/sensory glands etc on the fish? that might just have developed due to growing up etc