OMG BLUE RAMS

A-town...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never found HP to be 'stingey'. I've had some great deals from them, and at times where a fish wasn't working out in one of my tanks i've given it to HP, and sometimes at my loss. Look at it from there view, If they refunded every fish that came back dead they wouldn't last long as there are a few people out there that just don't know a thing about fish.

Now by no means am I saying any one here doesn't know any thing about fish, but out there in the world there is a few.

How are everyone elses electric blues going?

Regarding the refund it is a hard one, if the fish was dodgy and they had lost all the others they sold as well you would expect them to give a refund and then chase the supplier for supplying them dodgy fish.. But it is so hard to tell what killed the fish, it could be stress from being transported or a heater failure in someone elses tank or even not be acclimatized properly if they refunded every dead fish they would go out of business.

I bought one from Animates Lincoln Rd week before last.

It had a mild case of whitespot, but I was detirmined to have it even though I was kind of advised against it ( great staff there). Whitespot disappeared the next day and hasn't shown again.

My little one is a happy little fella ( or fell-ess) and seems very happy and healthy.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

This is mine.

BlueRam.jpg

the thing that bothers me is... they had had whitespot and so I said "what if they get sick and keel over tomorrow" and the guy brushed me off and didn't mention that they won't guarantee/refund. He ended up seeing one of the sick fish as I was bringing one of the males back to switch for a female (they didn't have any anyway) when it got sick, and he said it must have gotten sick from transportation. That could have been a possibility, but I drive carefully and it only had to go down the motorway so no bumps, but the other was dead in the tank when I got home. They should have at least been upfront that they don't refund given that I asked specifically about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a 'pair' today. Aimed for a male and female but not sure if that is what I ended up with :) The differences seem to be really subtle with these guys...anyone got any tips for what they looked for when they got a male and female?

I looked at the first rays of the dorsal fin, the rounded-ness of the anal/dorsal fin, the robustness/streamliness of the body, etc. But right now my 'female' is colouring up more then my 'male'....so not sure.

Will post pics shortly.

Mine look very happy and healthy at the moment, and most of the ones at Animates Kaiwharawhara looked healthy, but a few had some torn fins, and 2 looked like they may have a bit of finrot!

I decided to take the risk with mine though ;)

*fingers crossed*

• 1 month later...

Saw these guys for the first time at Wonderworld in Rotovegas the other day (so for those in central Nth Island, head to there if you want some!) $40 each

Gorgeous fish, but I think I still prefer the normal blues, and then the golds

Might just have to get a 1000L tank and have all 3 types ;-)