Paludarium/Riparium?

SamH

Bromeliads come in different shapes and sizes. They sell them everywhere. Go to a garden center for the best variety but the warehouse and even newworld have have some to check out too. I would say be careful if you were going to house lizards or frogs in the tank as well, because some can have sharp edges on their leaves or flowers, but many don't :)

If you get one from a garden center, then the people will be able to help you pick one out that likes really wet soil and doesn't outgrow the tank :)

lol. it was all good. :D

most Bromeliads will fit fine as well. there is a nz store you can buy them from pretty cheap

can you elaborate? :P i want cheap 1s

by the way i brought fake rock containers from mitre10 and planted my broms in spagnum moss so it stays moist works gud as in my frog tank

Try some java fern :D, I was looking at a really cool setup with some different plants that were emersed in it and it looked cool, (it even showed you how he got them to grow emersed)

except I cannnot remember where I found it errr

ANd yes it does sound right :D

Been throwing some ideas around on Sketchup and came up with my "final" design. I will seperate the aquarium into two equal parts with plastic, rigid mesh. Stick large flat rocks on it to cover up the front and put the heater and pump behind in a seperate cage. Cover the land part with sand and put on a poly background. Run the tube from the pump up through the background and let the water dribble down into a small plastic pool, then back to the water part. Pictures:

Paludarium1.jpg

Paludarium2.jpg

Thanks N1CK.

SketchUp is easy, you just gotta be an aspiring computer nerd like me! :x

It's not nearly as annoying as waiting for acrylic you ordered 23 days ago! :evil: :evil: :evil: x1,000,000!

Does anyone use clay in their substrate or know how to?

It's not nearly as annoying as waiting for acrylic you ordered 23 days ago! :evil: :evil: :evil: x1,000,000!

:lol:

If you were to use a clay based substrate you would want some finer sand then gravel over top with your waterfall idea unless you want a brown tinged tank :lol: just the same idea as a layer of daltons underneath (which I think has some kind of clay in it)

Ooo! Those are niiice. :bounce:

But I'm still along way from getting my tank made, due to the acrylic still not arriving!

The lights on my 3 footer aren't growing me plants (anyone WTB aquaone 3ft double lighthood with working bulbs?) so if I don't sell the hood I might have to make that plantless tank :cry: . Or a blackwater tank! :D OR if I get some new lights then I'll replant or make that a paludarium, if boss lady says yes.