Lazy Fin

thegreenboy

Hi everyone, just a question about mollies and platies, I have one male platie who doesnt seem to use any of his fins except his pectoral fins.

His dorsal and tail both stay folded up. He seems to get around alright but sometimes find him resting on the bottom.

All tank conditions seem normal, temp 26-7degrees.... Any suggestions.

Any other signs of illness? Looking thin? Lesions anywhere? Have you tested the water pH, nitrite, nitrate and ammonia? I would guess if all the other fish are fine then it is the fish, not the tank with the problem. Have his fins always been like this? Is it possible it is a deformity? Make sure he gets his fair sahare of food. I assume he is eating?

All tank parameters are normal. his fins seemed fine when we first bought him.... And yes he is looking a bit thin. I had a stray dwarf gourami that I had no were else for that croaked. but up until that all its fin displays functioning as per normal. He seems to feed normally, maybe slightly less than the others, but nothing that would concern me if his behaviour was normal.

The male and female seem to be together alot when first bought, but now not so much. could it be internal parasites? I will keep on keeping on with the water changes and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...