outside pen for water dragons

soloman5

I'm wanting to make an outside pen for my w.ds, I'm going to do it on our deck which is a good size, lots of shade and sun plus out of the wind. I have 4 sheets of plywood that are 600hx2400l, I set them up today since it was a lovely day here but my dragons quite happily leap to the top of the ply, wait for me to come over hop on my hand :P and have me put them down on the ground. I wondered about attatching an overhang of some sort not sure how though? I did hope someone else may have some bright ideas of how to keep them in???

dragons quite happily leap to the top of the ply

Then they would be equally happy to jump to the top of the over hang, and when you are NOT there to offer a hand, they WILL go exploring.

I think it is a very expensive experiment in the making.

Totally cover the whole pen, or put up mesh floor to ceiling all the way around, then you can still enjoy the deck.

yeah I know what your saying I was wanting to try and incorporate the two things, totally enclosing a large deck isn't really practical for me so maybe I'll have to move them to somewhere else. Environment wise our deck is the prime place for the w.d's.

Good point maybe I'll try that. Our deck is really high from the ground so no cats, it would only be birds and the main ones we have in the garden are tuis, finchy type things and wood pigeons so prey wise they "generally" are ok. I always keep an eye on them regardless but it would be good to be able to go and do things without worrying about them staying put.