Smallest heater

JazzyJeff

Never had a heater fail on me, then again, I haven't been into fish that long.

Picked up a MasterPet one and didn't realise you weren't suppossed to emerse it. Worked fine on a 28L (55w) but had to crank the temp to 32 to get it to run at 26 :-? . Doesn't work very well anymore, I just use it to heat water change buckets occasionaly.

The trick is to get an appropriate sized heater so it doesn't have to switch on and off heaps.

There seem to be many imported heaters from china or taiwan or somewhere listed on some auction sites which sell around $16 or so. I have no idea how good they are. When the life of your fish depends on the heater performing as expected, I guess its a false economy to scrimp on a cheap heater.

Picked up a MasterPet one and didn't realise you weren't suppossed to emerse it.

I thought masterpet ones were the ones that ARE supposed to be emersed,but not immersed? I think I've had a couple masterpet ones immersed over the years, they seem fine just get a bit of condensation inside, just like all of them.