where would I get acrylic or plastic sheets for tank

melrick1

I have a group of rams and am wanting to divide my 1.2m tanks so that I can have a breeding pair seperate from the rest of them. I was going to drill holes in them so I only need one heater in the tank. When wold I get this from that would be suitable for an aquarium?

Thanks guys

I got my acrylic/perspex from bunnings but mitre 10 have it as well. It's not cheap. I got 3mm thick piece that was 600mm x 900mm and it was $35. Also when drilling don't drill a big hole as it'll crack but if you drill holes in it then you're babies will be able to get through the holes, ram babies are pretty small

• 1 month later...

I recently bought 12 pieces precut to 295x390x2mm and they gave me 13. They cost just over $40 in total so ask around. I then drilled holes with a press drill. They were for another purpose but were the same as what you want. If you want to drill holes use a blunt drill and it will not bite and split the plastic---ruin the sharp edge on concrete.

• 1 month later...

I just had this problem, and found that perspex was far to expensive for my liking, so I went hunting around town for something that would work. I found some black plastic card stuff at wharehouse stationary, I am going to try it out, very easy to work with, I am not sure about putting holes in it though. If I decide I want water to flow through I can just cut a slot in it later and cover it with that craft canvas stuff with the smallest holes in it.

This was a real rush job and this tank will only be seen by my eyes, but I found the card really easy to work with compared to glass or perspex and it is cheap and easy to change around rip out etc...

Also comes in a large variety of colours is black isn't your thing. I used it to go around my other tanks because I would assume because it is air filled it would provide some insulation as well as dark background. It cost $6.79

P1010196.jpg

P1010193.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...