Free View People in the Know

Gannet

Can you get Prime where you are? A cheap option, if you can't, for $145 Prime will arrange to have a Sye dish installed along with a receiver that will get Prime and the freeview stations off the satellite. This is only available if Prime is not already available in your area. This would give you 1, 2, 3, C4, 6, 7 Maori TV etc.

Unless you know what you are doing, they are not easy to set up correctly.

ok i see what u mean.

i live in a 2 story house, i have down stairs, and up stairs is my parents, it is run as 2 house holds.

up stairs they have an aerial jack and get 1,2,3,c4,prime, etc

but downstairs we are running on rabbit ears and only get 1,2,3 but its very fuzzy and a real pain.

hope that make sense.

thanks for your reply

ok to get freeveiw you need the decoder or a tv with one built in but then you also need really good reception i.e. a satelite or expensive antenae the cheapest way would be to get an aerial plug put in from the upstairs aerial

Go to the warehouse and get a TV cable y joint, drill a hole in your roof their floor and plug into their aerial lol :lol: :evil:

thats what i want to do but land lord has said no.

and to run it out side via widows etc would be about 30meters and at $2.50 a meter + connectors was a shock for a lead, but then was told i would need to spend 100-150 to get a amplifier as it would lose power over the lead and still be crap, so thought if i could get a free view sat setup off trade me for about 150ish it would be cheaper.

But you would still have to get a dish outside or a UHF aerial outside for the terrestrial service then the cable to get it inside. In the case of the dish, they are not the simplest thing in the world to line up either.

Hard to advise without actually seeing it all (Grant sets up Freeview satellite, we don't have the terrestrial service down here). The hardest part is getting the cable inside from the outside antenna. As your landlord won't let you drill holes you have a problem :roll:

I should be able to sort you out with a Discounted Set Top Box.

Im sort of in the Know if you no what I mean :wink:

As they say it's not what you know it's who you know :wink:

Small bit of info taken from the Thread "Where do you all work"

This is me :wink:

Number 1 Business is Supreme Antennas: Which we have owned now for 15 years, we Wholesale and Manufacture TV Aerial Equipment, Satelite Dishes, and anything to do with TV Reception really, we supply Installers all over NZ.

If you need anymore info PM me.

Lynda