Sore Betta?

SamH

My female Betta/Fighter has been attacked. She has had her fins ripped and bitten but those are starting to heal up nicely. I just noticed that she has a large amount of scales missing and it looks rather sore. What should I do about it? Do I remove her or try and find out who's picking on her. She seems to be swimming fine and doesn't seem unusual.

FemaleRedSore.jpg

when i had my jewel cichlids they used to always attack each other and would always be vistims with bitten fins and bites out of their bodies.

i placed the wounded ones in an ice cream container floating on top of tank with a partial lid or a small tank and put in some meth blue and sea salt, i done regular water changes and added more salt with each change.

they came right after a few days or weeks depending on how serious wounds were

Should I...

A. Leave her

B. Hold off another spawn and use the tank for her (45x25x25)

C. Setup my brand new rearing tank and put her in that (85x40x25)

D. Move the (Fe)male out of the 2 footer and put her back in the community so this injured female can have her quiet tank

Any other ideas?

Whats she is with? If you can I would put her in a tank by herself for a few days, add 1grm rock salt per litre of water. Is she the one you were going to spawn with because you will need to wait for this to heal up first as wrapping will make it worse. In a tank with clean water she will heal fast.

. you could siphon it gently with a piece of tubing

The BEST thing to syphon small amounts of muck is a turkey baster! I bought one form a supermarket , washed it thoroughly in hot water and use it to syphon any small amounts of muck i see in the tank such as uneaten food, plant leaves etc. Works great and it's easy!! no sucking on tubing and only small amount of water to deal with.

The BEST thing to syphon small amounts of muck is a turkey baster! I bought one form a supermarket , washed it thoroughly in hot water and use it to syphon any small amounts of muck i see in the tank such as uneaten food, plant leaves etc. Works great and it's easy!! no sucking on tubing and only small amount of water to deal with.

Yes! I used that when I kept guppy fry in it. Quite possibly the best system. Just catch the in a cup guppies, drop them in the net breeder (no need to acclimitize them cause it's their own tank water), feed them until they're big enough to be sexed and split into different tanks. Worked a treat.

Back to the Betta...

She seems to be doing fine. The other fish were coming up to the net and trying to eat her missed food from underneath.

UPDATE: She seems to be doing okay in her little net but a bit bored, building bubble nests. I haven't moved her in fear of her stressing out from the change of water conditions. She's better than she was at the start of this thread and now expects to be treated like a princess. She's always following me, begging for food and she's been getting more than her share of bloodworms over the past few days. Her sore has gone from raw missing scales to semi healed but protruding flesh. I'd imagine that'd just fall off after a while? I'm not sure what I'll do with her once she's healed up...

Here's some pics of her and her wound (excuse the grainy pictures quality and fish food, she just got fed):

IMG_3927.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3924.jpg

I think the other fish are jealous of all the extra food and attention she's been getting as they are always hanging out by her net, looking for a way to get in.

This morning I went to check on her and the flesh coming out of her side has gone. She seems to be doing great but now I have to find another tank for her. Here are some more pics of her this morning:

IMG_3928.jpg

IMG_3932.jpg

...And just when I thought she was doing okay...

She was in her net and all was fine. Then the tank didn't look so clear from the ends. So I moved everybody (everyfish) out to the different tanks. Most of them went to the 54L but she went to the 27L. She was all alone and then when I looked at her the next day... She looks like this:

IMG_4092.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

She's gotten fatter and obviously more damaged. There's nothing sharp in her tank.

How did this happen??