Random Fish breedings

Guest Cam

Has anyone else been having random fish breed? Lately everything seems to be breeding :o . So far I've found that my Cockatoos had wrigglers again (even though they I didn't see the eggs). Do they usually lay them in different spaces? My kribs also bred and some of the eggs managed to hatch, my panda corys have started breeding again, my fighters bred but I don't know what happened to the fry (he could have eaten them or they became free swimming and left) plus I found this morning my BNs had bred :bounce: . I've been trying to breed the for ages but they wouldn't do anythoing so I did a 70% cold water change and set the temp to 24 and covered the tank with a towel and he had 5 females all around his cave and wouldn't breed with any of them until now.

Also does anyone know if the male BN breed with a second female while he's gaurding some eggs already? I've got 2 males and 5-6 females. Will only the one male breed or will both of them?

Thanks

Cam

So what fish do you breed at the moment?

Never mind about the question if only one of the males will breed. I just found my other male is also gaurding a small bunch of eggs :bounce: . Does the amount of eggs get larger as the breed more or is it just as they grow bigger they have more eggs. One of the males has 70 or so eggs that I can see and the other 40 or so.

Thanks LINDYLOO.

The Kribs are looking after their little group of fry and moving them all around the tank but I like to take the Cockatoo fry away from the parents as I'm not sure if they get sucked into the fiilter or they eat them but I always leave a few fry for the female just so she keeps her breeding colours as I like it when she goes bright yellow but the few fry I leave soon disappear :(

Nope, no fry lately :cry:

I bought some Platies and the male has been chasing one female so I'm hoping to get fry in the next month or so.

I don't think the BN's going to leave his eggs for anything, except if you pry him off them.

Also does anyone know if the male BN breed with a second female while he's gaurding some eggs already? I've got 2 males and 5-6 females. Will only the one male breed or will both of them?

Thanks

Cam

Yes they do, in fact I have read that if given a choice females will breed with a fanning male in preference to a male with no eggs.

Box filters work ok. sponge filter works better.

There must be something in the air, My angels spawned again just last week, fry are free swimming today.

And I had a pair form out of my 5 keyholes and they spawned last night - they were only together for a week!