can you keep 2 silver arowana's in a 8ft tank??

cichlid7

bringing them up together maybe alright, but i haven't had personal experience with raising small aros, only introducing larger ones

breaking up the line of sight with heavy planting or large driftwood has worked for me but they have had the occasional spat

my lids are now 10mm glass or heavy acrylic

if 2 aros don't like each other you need to have another tank ready to split them up if necessary

they have different personalities and some can be incredibly territorial as they get larger

the best ones together i think are a pair with no agression from day one, touch wood

my tank is 2.1 x .9 x .75 high and is comfortable with 2 large aros in it

also in there is a jardini and 2 giant gourami

i am upgrading the tank soon to give more swimming room

the 2 you are proposing to keep are still relatively young and small so should be alright together for awhile, possibly at least a year

it will be a matter of trying it but having a backup plan or an alternative tank if things go wrong as they mature

as mystic has said slow moving, steady fish are best

i have had my aros with bichirs, festivum, angels, port hoplos, synodontis, blue gouramis

these are just my personal experiences

2 is usually considered to be a bad number, 3-5 would be better to spread the aggression as with two if you end up with one more dominant than the other it will get picked on and suffer. Its a bit of a gamble, but if you keep a close eye on them and are ready to separate them if needed you should give it a go.

That tank should be alright for a few years at least, if well filtered.

I was worried about the sloshing. Plus, knowing what arowanas are like, one would likely jump out as I went through customs :lol:

There was shop afer shop in the market and all had 2 or more very large tanks chokka full of cheap arowanas. :roll: