Is there any thing more I can do

Mr McFish

Hi my tank has broken out in white spot and 1 of the corys has it pretty bad. Have done a 50% water change increased surface agitation and am in the process of increasing the temp from 22 to 28 slowly and have also treated with tonic salt. Is there any thing else I can do? my friend lost all his fish to this. Its the first time I have had the disease so dont know what to expect.

You are on the right track :) Up the temp to speed up the life cycle and treat with salt (even rock salt from supermarket is good). The blue circle whitespot cure is one of the best I have found if you do go and buy meds but have found salt works well.

have ript all the plants out and vacumed the gravel 1 cory is covered and looking sad while the other is looking fine. Would daily water changes help or just cause to much stress? would a salt bath help cause ive read that corys are sensative to salt.

To be honest I would go with the Wonder Tonic or White Spot treatment, do you have any of these??

I don't think it's worth while waiting to see if the higher temp and salt are going to do the trick, why prolong this for the Fish, they're the ones suffereing with this.

If you have Scaleless Fish in your Tank and you have an Outbreak of Whitespot, it's best to half the dosage they say on the bottle.

I half the dosage, turn the temp upto at least 28, leave for 3 days, do a big water change then dose with half the dosage on the bottle again.

Usually by the second time round there is no sign of whitespot.

the higher temp is to get whitespot to go through its lifecycle faster. It has a stage where its in a cyst and you can't kill it. So go with the higher temp definitely while you are treating it. Make sure you give the full course of treatment even if they seem better because there could be unhatched whitespot waiting in the wings to reinfect. I use a proprietary whitespot treatment like the other people here, but the tonic salt is an excellent idea too. I'd also make sure that my tank parameters stay in check because any ammonia etc is going to make the fishies more susceptible. Plenty of air from your airstone too. I think you'll win, good luck!