Stackable Plastic Box for a Tank??

LYNDYLOO

I have a sick Discus, I have no Spare Tanks at the moment, what was the hospital tank is now the Temp Guppy tank.

I was wondering if anybody has ever used one of the coloured stackable plastic boxes that you can buy for the Warehouse.

Wondering if one of these will be ok as a Temp Hospital Tank untill I can get another hospital tank sorted tomorrow, not sure if it will be OK with a heater in there set on 30.

Thought of putting him in a Bucket, but that's not big enough for him or a heater.

Any other ideas are most welcome :hail:

If you're going to use a container (use it for the guppies) make sure it's safe. I had a big black rubbish bin from the Warehouse for keeping water in for my water changes and it smells a bit off. Used water from that for a while but now it's full of sand, don't trust it.

Good luck

I'm with the "guppies in the box" solution.

If you're using a heater in any plastic container please be very careful that the heater is well away from the sides and can't accidentally slip and contact the sides of the box.

As for the black plastic containers vs the coloured plastic box, someone who knows more about plastics might shed light on it, but here's what I've heard:

A lot of black containers are made from recycled plastic, so they can have all sorts of combinations of different plastics in them. Therefore they would not be food safe - and by extension would not be safe to keep delicate fish in (or water for delicate fish).

As far as I know, the coloured boxes from the Warehouse are not made from recycled plastic.

Thanks for your thoughts on this idea guys, will be transfering my Guppies over to a Plastic Box this morning.

Really need to get this Sick Discus sorted out, don't seem to have much luck with Blue Turks, the last Discus that up and Died on me was a Blue Turk :cry:

Phoenix: Dont worry to much about a Temp Tank, thanks anyway, I'm heading up that way this afternoon, so thought I might go Fish Tank shopping :D Looking for a Display Tank for my Guppies, thought maybe I would go to another Aquaone 620 Display Tank.

After all Hubby has just gone and bought a 1968 Mustang, so surely I'm allowed another Fish Tank and Stand :lol:

Just set up the Plastic Box as my Temp Guppy Tank, found I had a smallish heater that also fits in the box perfectly.

Seems to be working out pretty good, so if anyone needs an Emergency Tank in a hurry, this would be the way to go.

They're Cheap, Light, easy to store and don't Leak :wink: