my african setup

paul_r

swapped my killie breeding setup for a bare 4 footer with heater filters

have since added crushed coral and black silica sand as well as a few rocks that i spent ages finding the perfect ones

have a mix of e. yellows, demasoni, brichardi and red zebras. bought them all off members from here and are in excellant condition i love them all

lids are a bit messy as i have a large ice cream container raising some fry, i cannot recall what they are called, the container usually traps the floating plants in a corner

6422887a11095570807l.jpg

6422887a11095570789l.jpg

6422887a11095570668l.jpg

6422887a11095570705l.jpg

6422887a11095570762l.jpg

Have a black background flash doesnt show it in some pics, tank is a bit scratched however does me just fine i love my setup, so peaceful watching the fish at night, puts me in a great sleep.

have still not finished with the tank yet, will do a few more bits n pieces as time and money allows. would like to get rid of the white coral sand and i like the all black look

let me know what you think, love hearing ideas to make tank better. i have since got a custom made lid to make it look a bit tidier

also wish i had a better camera, pics definatly do not do tank justice

i cannot believe how good the fish look, 10x better than in the pics at least, have tried getting pics of individual fish however camera is pretty cheap and not working the way i want. They get fed alot of good food, i cant resist every time i go to my room they get a feed, lots of water changes aswell

went through hundreds to get these few pics

the red zebs are awesome, some are starting to get a wiked blue tinge on their fins, im tryna get photos but sooo hard

cannot recall what the babies are, but there are 6 of them, are growing nicely, these pics were taken a while ago

was just going to say is it the tank that gives you a good sleep or something begining with jager

the tank...honest :D

i drank all those bottles with redbull, no sleep after a couple of them. but have now found mixing jager with L & P tastes beautiful no matter how strong u make them and doesnt give u the caffine hangover the next day (well it does to me) .... plus with the benefit of being many times cheaper than red bull

still a few things to tidy up on tank, getting a custom made lid once i move the fry into their own tank, the ice cream container kind of floats in one corner of tank with the glass lids placed around it, looks terrible but works

also the 2 foot light blew, will be getting a proper 4 foot light setup

i will try take some pics with a better camera if i can get my hands on one, i was almost not going to post pics because they definatly did not do the fish justice, my brichardi have amazing finnage but not one of the photos i took came out any good :evil:

ill keep at it i guess

Don't they say "absinthe makes the heart grow fonder" ??

mmm absinthe.... definatly makes the throat grow stronger!!

just noticed this morning that my lamprologus brichardi have spawned, wasnt even aware of it but there are at least 2 different spawns at different sizes (approx 15 fry i could see), not sure how many will survive but still neat

set up a new tank for the fry that were living in the ice cream container, still not sure what they are but are growing nicely, put a young guppy in with them and quite funny watching the baby cichlids following the guppy around

will take more pics when i can get use of a camera