Cricket breeding

phrog

Can someone please give me ideas on how to breed crickets? :hail: I need to know to feed my golden bell. I have a little idea but need to know size of cage, size of incubators, temperature, where abouts in the house to keep them and that sort of thing. Also, if there are other insects better for frogs, let me know as I have been currently feeding him house flies.

My mother got upset when we were at Wharf Aquatics in the UK. They had a stack of crickets, all madly chirrupping away. It was very noisy! When she realised they were being sold as food she said no wonder they were complaining so loudly :lol:

i don't know the correct way to breed crickets but my daughter who has strange interests decided to keep a terranium of crickets as pets. (all named of course!)

She provided leaf litter, a section of live grass and soil, and a container of ungrassed soil.

We observed the largest female laying eggs into the soil with her ovipositor a few days before she died. She then released the largest male and kept the smaller ones.

Now all the smaller crickets are hibernating (thank goodness!) and we will have to see if the eggs hatch.