Starlight Bristlenose Pleco, L 182

rox

Well it true we have Starlights :bounce: :bounce: We went down to Wgtn yesterday to visit family and the icing on the cake, to pick up our new fishys :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is Daddy to be, with a huge face of bristles

starlight.jpg

Garry has given him a couple of cave to choose from and he and the girls seem to be settling in really well.

Blue did a really good job of upselling :wink: and we came away with a trio :hail::bow: I wouldnt really call them Juvi's they are bigger than any other Ancistrus we own. :D

Well done :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Keep us updated .

Like wise, any signs :bounce: yours will hopefully go sooner than ours, as they have bred before. Blue upsold us another female :wink: so hopefully that'l give the big guy a little more choice :) He has some really awesome fish :D 'Plec's"

Like wise, any signs :bounce: yours will hopefully go sooner than ours, as they have bred before. Blue upsold us another female :wink: so hopefully that'l give the big guy a little more choice :) He has some really awesome fish :D 'Plec's"

No news at this end but its still way too soon, they will need a while yet to settle in.

Having said that, I couldn't help myself today and gave them a cool water change just in case they were thinking about it :D

• 1 month later...

I did a little pruning today, for the meeting tomorrow and ripped out a few plants. My Male Starlight and his gf have been moving around the tank a little earlier tonight and I took the opportunity to take a couple of photos of them.

This is the male :) Looking a lot less blotchy than you saw his last timev :bounce:

http://1a.co.nz/aquarium/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/starlight-male.jpg

And this lovely female :wink:

http://1a.co.nz/aquarium/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/starlight-female.jpg

Thanks, they are growing into themselves and looking gorgeous :)

We lost the other female this week :( I came home from work and she was dead in the tank :cry::cry::cry:

My GBA's are still breeding every 30 days so I am practicing doing everything right :roll: :roll: with the babies before "I" even consider getting the conditions right for breeding these guys.

Yeah, I don't know! To be honest I was so gutted that I made Garry handle everything and I couldn't even look at her :( Really weird as you had been having problems with one of yours and then we have one dead.

With all these fantastic pairs of Starlights around the country I sure do hope some kind fish keepers put some effort into breeding them and selling the offspring.

I believe it is better to share these wonderful fish instead of having them ferreted away in one persons corner.

Rox they are great, thanks so much for sharing.

With all these fantastic pairs of Starlights around the country I sure do hope some kind fish keepers put some effort into breeding them and selling the offspring.

I believe it is better to share these wonderful fish instead of having them ferreted away in one persons corner.

That's that the plan. I will keep many of the first batch to raise as breeders and the rest will be sold to fellow enthusiasts who also plan to breed them.