Angel spawing behaviour?

Morcs

My two big angels (a male and a female) are current hanging out by my filter intake tube.

The male is repeatably 'eating' or 'kissing' the tube as though cleaning it. The female is hanging around and chases my small angel away whenever it comes too close.

Are they going to spawn?

oOo0Ooo! pretty angel!

I used to have a pair of them too. Very nice pic.

you should get more eggs shortly.

Got lots now :)

Its quite funny, the angel pictured, I sexed as a male, especially with the bump on the head - and the striped angel I thought was a female... well they are the other way around :D

I lost all the eggs :(

They were slowly disappearing yesterday due to the female fanning them with her fins to circulate water over them, she knocked quite a few off, and blew a few off.

The number was very very low last night, so before bed, I draped a T shirt in the tank to cordon them off.

Woke up this morning to find one lone penguin tetra in the cordoned off area, and no eggs... with the parents still fast asleep.

Will they spawn again soon do you think?

Ill be moving the tetras if they spawn again.

They will probably spawn again in a week or two. My female lays every 8 days when the eggs are lost. They will likely eat them for a while but then might settle down. My pair got into a routine of him eating the eggs every time and getting fatter, and her providing new ones every 8 days and getting thinner. I separated them for a while (she sulked and still didn't get fatter) but when I put them back together it worked and I now have a tank of about 90 6 week old babies, still with their parents. And they are so cute! And now that mother is happy plus not producing eggs every week at the moment, she's now in the best condition I've seen her. So please don't feel disillusioned when it doesn't work out the first time.

• 2 weeks later...

Spawned again.

Saturday night seems to be their favourite time to get it on :)

They keep laying on the filter tube so need to find a better solution.

Its just them, a pair of rams and a cleaning crew so they essentially have the tank to themselves now. Hopefully this spawn is successful.

Theyll be some free angels up for grabs in a month or so :D