Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What to keep with Angelfish

Featured Replies

For those people that keep or have kept Angelfish, what type of fish have you kept with them? :)

I'm wanting to add something quite colorful. I have heard larger Tetra can be OK, but what are some other good options?

not an angel keeper, but some tetras are nippy. I had some beautiful conchu's blue tetras but they were terrors and bit the guppies and drove the rams mental.

I have black widow tetras, tiger barbs, neons (never had one eaten) bala sharks(not now tho), loaches etc. Angels are cool with all my fish, mine are very cruisy.

go with bigger tetras...once your angels get big your smaller fish will disappear - had a horrible tank sitting job a couple of years ago where the owners (fam friends) thought I killed off all their neons :o they didn't believe it was the Angels

  • Author

Congo Tetra's could be an option.

Another potential option I have just come across is the Red-line Torpedo. From what I have read they are pretty peaceful kept in groups, though they can be fast swimmers which might be stressful? I also read mixed reviews of whether they ate plants, anyone had any experience with them?

they will destroy your plants. :o destroy!!

that and the size thing will make them look out of proportion in your tank i think. (the animates here has them in a tank like yours and they look out of proportion). they can also be jittery

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.