Help Getting a Tank from Otaki/Levin to Wanganui/Palmy

rox

Hi is anybody by any chance going through Otaki/Levin and then heading to or thru either Wanganui or Palmy. Garry and I have purchased a tank, from you know where and went down to pick it up today only to find the tank was too big to fit in either the boot or the back seat of our car!!!

Its a lovely big Hex and the people we bought from were a little vague on the measurements and we thought we were picking up a 150-200 litre tank, instead its over 300 litres and 36cm across each side, 85cm high the diameter is approx 60cm from flat to flat.

It probably would fit into a stationwagon (I think) or a van or people mover or like. If anyone could get it to us in Wangaui or to Sandysme in Palmy it would be greatly appreciated, in return we have FISH. For those that don't know us we have Livebearers and Fighters.

Any suggestions would also be appreciated :D:):D

If it does fit into the back of a wagon and someone can get it as far as Bulls we can get it to Wanganui when we next go over there (unsure when we go over relatively often) as we need to see Rox's setup anyway :)

Cool as Ryan :bow: that could work for us as well. Gonna be a super tank just a lot bigger than what we thought :bounce: :bounce:

I dont have a problem with taking it over from palmy to wanganui if it can get to me...

Thanks Sandy, it would fit in your van for sure :D we measured up the base last night and the diameter is 67cm! It'd be really cool if someone was going thru that way during the week or even during Queens Birthday weekend. Of course we are happy to pay $'s too help with gas :D:):D

Bugger!

If only we had known while I was down there yesterday, I could have brought it all the way back for you.

Hopefully someone can help out

Haha thanks, thats what we thought too if only we had known how big it was before we left! So close yet so far away ;( You know how it is when you just want your new tank right now, want to get it cycling and put fishies in it. I can't wait.

And again!!!!! We had a fantastic plan yesterday and would have had the tank here by Teatime :lol: but alas there was no-one home to help lift the tank in the car and it is a 2 person job, so the stationwagon came up tankless :cry::cry::cry:

Is anyone coming thru Wanganui/Palmy/Bulls over the long weekend who could pick it up for us :hail::bow: as I said tho it is a 2 person job and the people are away for the weekend so won't be there to help but the tank will be out for collection, on the deck - not the side of the road :D

I'm in Levin, can I ask who you brought the Tank Off, (PM me if you like, I more than likely know the people that sold it to you, maybe I can go and pick it up off them or they could drop it off to me)

Could possibly take it to Palmy over the weekend, if I talk nicely to hubby, maybe we could even bring it through to Wanganui for you.

Oh my gosh you are fantastic :bow::hail::bow::hail::bow::hail::bow::hail: Anytime we are going thru to Wgtn feel free to call on us to pick up anything for you. Oh I am sooooo excited.

If it can get to me in palmy I had said I would take it to wanganui..

Sandy oh buddy ole pal

Haha, I know which tank :D:D . Really small world, the guy selling that tank was my eldest sons best friend at primary school, when we lived in Wainui. Then they moved to Waitarere Beach. Probably where the tank is.