my babys are dieing

gamefreek101

wondering if anyone can help me a few days ago i made a tank for all baby fish and mothers ready to drop fry it is at 26 degrees but i have awoken to 5 dead babys today am i doing something rong i took all babys out of main tank and put into baby tank so maybe i caused stress any feedback will be welcomed

Sound like it might be a cycling issue. If you moved "all the baby fish and mothers ready to drop fry" into what I'm assuming is a small, uncycled tank, then a few days later the babies started dying, it sounds like the ammonia may be building up.

Here are my suggestions:

1) Do a water change with water from your established tank

2) Test the water from your new tank for ammonia and nitrites (or take a sample to a fish shop and ask them to test for you)

3) Come back here and tell us the results of the tests.

Also, what size tank is it? What kind of filtration system are you using? You might be able to help matters by using some media out of your established filter in your new tank - even if you're just running an airline or sponge filter in your new tank you could still set up a system for moving water through some old filter media which may help the situation.

baby fish seem terrible for moving and the slightest change in water can be enough to knock them off their perch. Some are hardier than others so it can be hard to say but an uncycled tank is a big no no for babies. Try some of the suggestions given to speed up the cycle time.