couple of questions about breeding gardneri....

twinkles

Firstly, my gardneri blues have been breeding very well for a couple of months, laying on the gravel and with me siphoning out the fry once they get to a couple of weeks old and start coming out to be caught. Determined to do things properly at last, i made them a mop last week, which they love, and am getting 10 or so eggs a day. Am putting eggs into a container with water from parents tank and floating it on the fry tank, with some meth blue, but lots are going fungused, that is, of the almost week old ones, 6/20 have eyes, the rest went fuzzy. The newer ones i've taken a couple of fungus ones out and the rest i can't be sure on yet. So what am i doing wrong? I'm sure they had higher hatch rates when left in the tank, or maybe I just didn't see the bad eggs. Is it the lack of water movement in the containers?

Had a search on google and found two other ways which sounded good, either putting the whole mop in a little tank with an airstone, or squeezing the water out, ziplocking it, and putting it back in water after 2-3 weeks. So has anyone tried these ways and want to share how well they work?

Second question,

I had a beautiful, perfect male who was doing all the breeding, but he jumped out of the tank 2 weeks ago, and now the other male has taken over, but his colouring on his tail isn't the same, the yellow/orange on the top only goes 1/3 the length down his tail, where on the first boy it was the whole length to match the bottom. Does it matter? Should i keep breeding him, or try to find another one with better markings? What are they supposed to look like exactly? I don't really want to replace him, I love him and he's having fun with the girls, but don't want to breed badly comformed fish if thats what it is.

Thoughts?