Advice on buying a all in one setup?

Dixon1990

I am looking at selling all my tanks and all fish stuff except my Favourite groups of fish sometime soon, and buying a larger all in one setup (stand,tank,filter lighting etc) around the 200-350L area.

Are there any brands to stay away from?

Ive been reading quite a few experieces of aqua ones breaking :S

IM leaning towards Jewel i think, but i may not be able to afford it :lol:

Also if anyone is thinking about selling on in CHCH PM me :wink:

TIA :D

i have two factory made setups, one aqua one & a sunsun. i will never buy a aqua one & if i was getting another tank i wouldn't hesitate to get another sunsun. the quality of the models made in the last few years is great, alot better than the aquaone gear & the stand, because of the finish on it doesn't get damaged by water as readily as others. my sunsun is about 3 years old & still looks like new. Always keep $ in the budget for a canister filter as this will make them easy care & reliable to.

oh & they are alot cheaper than other brands to :D

Always keep $ in the budget for a canister filter as this will make them easy care & reliable to.

oh & they are alot cheaper than other brands to :D

I already have a couple canisters(1000;ph and 1200lph), so that wont be a problem :)

I like the sunsuns, but they dont seem to be sold down here :S

I already have a couple canisters(1000;ph and 1200lph), so that wont be a problem :)

I like the sunsuns, but they dont seem to be sold down here :S

oh yeah, the guy on TM joshua is on the shore in auckland & imports a container full at a time. it will be worth getting one, little things like the hood being made of aluminium make it that much better in the way of use & lasting ability.

Don’t' buy aqua one! They all seem to crack

maybe buy separate, so you can get the best of everything as I hear the hoods (lights filters etc.) in those all in one deals are not always the best.

while one "brand" might make a great tank they might make horrible filters. (just an idea)

:D

the juwels are great and all but the tubes that come in the tank are average t5 tubes and the filters themselves arent very effective. better than most all in ones but still prefer to get everything individually.

+1

Talk to a good LFS (not sure who in Christchurch) and they should look after you. (Free plug for Hollywood Fish Farm in Auckland who are doing just that for me with my new 800L set up) That way you can get everything to your exact specification, the shape of the tank, the design of the stand etc etc. Most of those off-the-shelf tanks are taller than they are wide, which IMO is useless for anything but angelfish. What are you going to keep in it?

i hated my aquaone tank, never buy one again

juwel has been pretty good for me, they are easily upgradable, doesnt take much to cut out the factory internal filter and replace it with a external. also not too hard to upgrade lighting, either extra T5 or remove the lids and have a metal halide :wink:

good 2 year warranty, parts are easy to get or order, overall a very good tank and i'm very happy with my ones

p.s

redwood normally have them for a good price otherwise wait till animates have a 50% off sale

Most of those off-the-shelf tanks are taller than they are wide, which IMO is useless for anything but angelfish. What are you going to keep in it?

Il be keeping my pencilfish( about 10), Ember and cardinal tetras(10 of each), BN pair and about 5-6 of my 30 corys :lol:

I dont think there should be a problem with the shape of the tank.

As I under stand it, if you aim for 300L or so, teh floor "may" need to be reinforced.... be good to hear what other people say about this as I currently have a 300 - 350L that i'm too scared to full all the way just incase :-)

Well i have 500Lkg+ of tanks and stand sitting where the new tank will be so thats not a problem :)

I have a Juwel cnr tank heavily planted and with Discus ( had discus till I killed em at least)

have to say Ditto to Evil Elmo

Try redwoods

He can customise if you feel the need...teh need for Speed...opps carried away there.

Anyway Talk to Redwood

Look at retro fit.

Good tank

JMHO

Navarre