Newest Tank

livebearer_breeder

got a new tank last weekend and have finally put some fish in it :P

IMGA0860.jpg

IMGA0909.jpg

had a crakc at building my own tank today. what a DESASTER that was, it took me the whole day to cut the right size outta old windows, and then silycon silycon everywer lol, actually now i think about it wasnt that funny really, does any1 here no how to remove silycon from glass once its dried?

Cheers Shae

Nice tank Shae, real nice rock work/plants. What kind of fish are going in there?

Selley's says: "Wipe excess away with a cloth dampened in mineral turpentine." And "Sealant will cure fully in 72 hours. At this point any unneeded sealant can be removed by trimming with a sharp blade, but avoid under-cutting seal."

Hope this helps

I find it's easy to get off with just your fingers most of the time, depends what it's stuck to, for example it's easy to get it off my plastic DIY CO2 parts.

How much glass do you have there Shae? Enough to make a 10 foot tank? (mmm dreams about 10 foot tank).

not anymore, not after all the mistakes i made and glass i brock, ive got enough left to make a 5 foot tank, but i think leave it a few days let my hands heal after all the cuts for thre glass, i think ill make a 3foot and another 2 foot, lol, not sure what im going to use them fore but neva the less, can neva have ot many tanks, just not enough electricy to power them,lol

Cheers Shae

have finally finished the tank i was making, i have put the tanks lid on etc, and have tested it for the last few days to c if it was water tight. everything is going as planned, but i have decided i HATE sylicon!! will post pics soon of the finished product, and what its gonna look, after set up :D

Cheers Shae

• 5 months later...