NZ Guppy Society

Lucid

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I have offered my assitence, too but i think hes ignoreing me lol!

Shae 250

Not been ignoring you. Just very busy and some health problems (bad back).

Anyway, I'm still keen to get this thing going before Xmas. I started on a newsletter last night but then the sky cleared and I decided to go outside and take some star photos. Stayed up until 3 am.

If I'm not falling asleep early tonight I will try to send out a short newsletter to get the ball rolling. Basically it will be up to the 'members' now, I can facilitate with communication, care for the website etc. We need someone with a little more spare time (and a longer attention span then me) to make the club 'official' :D

• 2 months later...

I for one did not answer for several reasons.

The first of course being that I had nothing in the way of guppies that were worth classifying.

The second was the manner in which the request for info was made..

To quote...

Hey guy, just fill out the form as best you can. Could you also do me a favour, and type your full name at the top of the form, makes it easier for me to identify whos got what, and whos sent back there form. Cheers Shae

Very un-business like, and I suppose we are all asking the same question... Perhaps I am being a bit harse here, but my main concern is...

"Who appointed you in charge of breeding coordination"..?

Was there a vote taken... or emails sent out... or was this just a self appointed position...?

None of the members I have mentioned this to have been made aware of any appointments, other than Cees as the main organiser of the venture.

Our understanding on signing up was that there would be an area for discussions, along with possibly a seperate part of the site for proceedings that were going on, but none of this has happened.. that I can see anyway. We don't even have a direct link on the main forums that can direct us to the area concerned.

The idea of creating a NZ Guppy society was brought up almost two years ago, but then interest was lost.

This attempt has been on the cards for several months now, with few words being issued to those that took the trouble to register.

My regrets if this upsets or offends you in some way Shae, but if this thing is ever to get off the ground, then it needs handling in the correct manner, where EVERYONE concerned is notified of the proceedings.

Bill.

This was posted by Shae on the 3rd of Oct last year...

thats interesting, as i have just signed up logged in and am righting this from our PNZ forum, wich also happens to be the fnzas livebearer forum??

Can I ask how this was done, as the site only shows two areas, both of which now show "Page Not Found"

It seems that both areas "may" have been working, but now it seems that even new members are unable to register..

http://poecilia.net.nz/

Bill.

Hi Bill!

You aren't being overly harsh, there are ways and eays of doing things. I was similarly underwhelmed especially to the response I got for not having livebearers at the time. (I felt like a right knob :o )

That said I think its great that there is someone willing to take the time to do something. I presenlty don't have the time or inclination to do that sort of thing, so am glad someone else is :)

Just my 2 cents

Helene

Ok guys slow down,

Most of it is my fault. Was getting excited about getting livebearer club up and running and was getting ahead of myself (again). Set up website etc etc. Then stuff happened (bad back, software upgrade etc) and now looks like we have a broken website, poor communication and no club. Not sure where to go from here now.

Cees

I for one did not answer for several reasons.

The first of course being that I had nothing in the way of guppies that were worth classifying.

The second was the manner in which the request for info was made..

To quote...

Very un-business like, and I suppose we are all asking the same question... Perhaps I am being a bit harse here, but my main concern is...

"Who appointed you in charge of breeding coordination"..?

Was there a vote taken... or emails sent out... or was this just a self appointed position...?

None of the members I have mentioned this to have been made aware of any appointments, other than Cees as the main organiser of the venture.

Our understanding on signing up was that there would be an area for discussions, along with possibly a seperate part of the site for proceedings that were going on, but none of this has happened.. that I can see anyway. We don't even have a direct link on the main forums that can direct us to the area concerned.

The idea of creating a NZ Guppy society was brought up almost two years ago, but then interest was lost.

This attempt has been on the cards for several months now, with few words being issued to those that took the trouble to register.

My regrets if this upsets or offends you in some way Shae, but if this thing is ever to get off the ground, then it needs handling in the correct manner, where EVERYONE concerned is notified of the proceedings.

Bill.

First of all, Bill, i put the message at the top of the form to be as friendly as possible and i think you are being way to picky.

I was simply giving a hand to the club, i now see that was a mistake.

You do not regret your post Bill, You posted it for the purpose of upsetting me. and what i was doing was to help it get off the ground.

Shae

Nothing to get upset about Shae, as I basically asked...

Who appointed you in charge of breeding coordination"..?

Was there a vote taken... or emails sent out... or was this just a self appointed position

The questions have been answered by Cees.

You do not regret your post Bill, You posted it for the purpose of upsetting me. and what i was doing was to help it get off the ground.

No Shae, I don't regret my post, but it wasn't made with the intention of upsetting you or anyone else.

It was made because there suddenly appeared an email from you some time back (1/4/05) that I found to be more of a demand than a request, but possibly that was as I pointed out above... a bit harse.

You commented in a previous post why you had only recieved three replies.

I gave my reasons for my lack of response.

Nobody is denouncing your efforts, just the manner in which it was made.

Bill.