some pics

Adrienne

Thought it was time to post some updated shots of some of my young cts plus a few others. These are my second generation and now I'm looking for nice males and females if anyone has them out there. They must be pure ct's as I really want to improve the line.(not getting picky).

Some females - just coming up 3 months

youngctfemale1.jpg

youngctfemale2.jpg

youngctfemale3.jpg

At this stage a couple are nearly pure platinum white (their grandfather was a platinum red)

Some males from the spawn (they are in the blue fighter traps)

youngctmale1.jpg

youngctmale2.jpg

youngctmale3.jpg

and heres my halfmoons - Dad is beautiful but is extremely rough on the girls and has killed a couple. He's also an egg eater so not having much luck with him.

greenmghalfmoon.jpg

hmfemale.jpg

I've also got a small spawn of yellow ct from the male I got from you and a full ct female (yellow with platinum blue shades) but they are only just 2 weeks old. Not many - only 16 but so far so good. Mums only young and it took them about 10 days to actually get round to spawning but he's a very gentle male so all good. Dads turning out a real stunner, huge crowning particularly when he flares.

He eats them about 18 hours into hatching. I did remove some last time but they fungused overnight. Wasn't quite sure how to go about it so added an airline and some melafix but it didn't work. This time I have put two males in with girls with the tank divided. The other male is a brilliant father, hopefully they will spawn together and the other male can raise both lots of eggs. I have also read that the female can raise the eggs although the survival rate is not as great. That will be my next shot as long as he doesn't knock her around too much. He is very aggressive, although tonight when I went out he was behaving very well. :roll:

i had tried it once and picked up the nest and eggs with a container (like a chinnese takeout dish) and left it floating ontop of the tank, they hatched and grew but fed them to other fish as i was about to move. i didnt do anything to the water with the nest.

the male gona to use mouth to clean the eggs, and eat the ones not filterlized.

got me thinking david. dodge, have you seen wriglers from the green boy, could be infertile and eating all of them becouse theyre not fertalised

not sure lol

In clearing out the tank the other day there were 2 fry. Either they were his or I put them in there when using a syringe to clean it out. I clean out the new fry tank before I clean out the one with the male.

Well that spawn came to nothing. Eggs but no fry hatched. I have found two fry - around two weeks old I would guess - from one of his previous spawnings - so he's not totally infertile, not sure whats going on. I'll try again in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime one of my crowntails has turned platinum blue - at this stage no red at all on this fish so I'm delighted. Its a male and its crowning is still developing. He's a brother to the other ct's pictured at the top of this post. I have one white female and one sky blue female from this lot as well.

my hubby has an idea, not sure if it would work

could you get another male to look after the eggs or would he eat them coz they not his?

he also wonders if i could get my boy who blows MASSIVE nest to blow one then remove him and put in another male who isnt so great with nests. would he use the current nest??

my hubby has an idea, not sure if it would work

he also wonders if i could get my boy who blows MASSIVE nest to blow one then remove him and put in another male who isnt so great with nests. would he use the current nest??

Quite likely yes.