Can someone ID these??

supasi

358182470.jpg

The broad leaved plant in the middle?

Also the small leaved one on the left? It grows in amongst the glosso at another site.

These were spotted on a plant hunting trip to a new stream( new as in recently diverted alongside main road)

Other plants in the stream that I can id are Potamogeton Crispus , Ludwigia sp , watercress, azola and rananculus(water buttercup)

the P Crispus looks a nice plant. dont know much about NZ plants I should do some research..

P crispus is an introduced plant. I think it is growing in Lake Pupuke up on the North Shore as well.

In slow or still water it grows quite thickly and can smother the water, although in flowing it tends to stay smaller as it is very fragile and the stems break easily. Hence it has established itself very fast in this stream by stems breaking and flowing downstream and growing.

Only six months ago, this stream was bulldozed and redug as it is beside a main road.

There is a ranunculus that we used to hook out of the river and sell to the discerning residents of Auckland 30 years ago but it was always in the submersed form. I didn't think it grew up north (too warm). We called it aquatica which may not have been the correct name. It didn't look like your anony mouse plant though. There are a number of types.

The broad leaf plant looks like celery-leaved buttercup (Ranunculus scleratus) which does not creep and is found in wet areas. It is tall growing, has hollow stems and the yellow flowers are smaller than most buttercups.