HELP! Discus picking on Neons

LYNDYLOO

I put my Neons in my Discus Tank yesterday afternoon, and my Discus have done nothing but harass them, I have never seen my Discus or Neons move at such a speed.

Has anybody else had trouble with this??

I thought Neons or Cardinals, were meant to be ideal tank mates for Discus.

My Pigeon Checkerboard is a shocker, you can actually hear him snapping at the neons as he flys into them with great speed.

I'm hoping they will settle down over the next few days, have to say I was rather anixous about turning out the Tank light last night, thinking about what I might find when I turn the lights back on this morning, a few of the Neons have nips out of there tails, poor wee fellas, think if its carries on for to long I will remove the Neons into another tank.

Any help is very much appreciated guys/girls

i havnt seen that before and iv kept them rtogether on a number of ocations and plenty of people i know have as well with out any problems.how well feed are your discuss could it be that they are hungry? at the end of the day that is a better dilema than the discus being picked on......just thinking glass half full lol

they get slower with age :lol: . but its pretty sad they are eating your neons, and its not like you only have a couple in the tank. are the discus hungry? (I know all fish are always hungry :o , but you know what i mean).... if you keep them full, they will possibly be less likely to want to eat your neons. provide shelter for all the fish in the tank. discus like having their space.

Discus are being feed at least 4 times a day, they are even happy to be hand feed now :bounce: :bounce:

Have to say my Pigeon Checkerboard is a right little piggy :D

I keep a very close eye on them at feeding times, just to make sure they are all getting something to eat :D

Chasing of the Neons seems to have slowed down quite abit now, maybe it was just the novelty of having something new in the Tank to chase after, I have never seen Discus or Neons move that fast before :roll: :roll: They definitely aren't scared of anything, they even push my Big Hoplo Catfish out of the way if they want to eat what he has got.

Everythings going good with my new Discus so far, they have settled in very well, they love Bloodworms and Tubifex worms the most, they're not so keen on Flakes.

I have never seen Discus or Neons move that fast before :roll: :roll:

you should see neons with a borneo tiger on their tails :o :lol:

glad to hear your discus are doing well. try feeding them colour bits (tetra) its a real good food for them. Hikari is good too.