Loopys Red sea max *pics!*

Loopy

IMG_5986.jpg

IMG_5988.jpg

Stunning algae blooms (check out the flouro green!!)

A few tiny tubeworms and bristleworms? is all that we have in there.

Totally busting to get some corals and fish etc in there (Frag donations anyone?? :wink: )

All tests coming up perfect so far too.

**Looks for the slapping-forehead smilie** OH YEAH!

Um... maybe not for the RSM but maybe Juju would like a pleco for company? :wink:

She hasn't bothered the hoplo. Worst thing she has done is follow the poor dude around the tank for about half an hour..... the whole time keeping her nose about 2 inches away from it :o ..............stoopid fish :lol:

So we're ruling out the bristlenose for a salty tank then? :wink: Is there some other cleaner something I can put in? Maybe I need to start my own thread.

Just out of interest, was your new coral expensive? That's my biggest concern with extending my tank to full marine

oops ....yea there are 2 thermometers AND a hydrometer in the pics. We were trying to get a beter idea of the actual temp in tank at the time. were getting varied readings cause i think one of the thermometers is a dud :roll:

What it does Caper is provide you an indication of what the salinity of the water is. Unfortunately they are notorious for being inaccurate. What most people use is a refractometer, which is more expensive (isn't everything), but very accurate.

Refractometer is similar to a hydrometer as in a way to measure the salinity. Highly accurate provided it is calibrated correctly. Great to have when starting to have corals and equaling the salinity in replacement water for water changes. IMO I wouldn't even look at using a hydrometer now.

• 1 month later...