Classic Cars - split from Importing Car thread

bulldogod

classic Japanese , Thos etwo words dont go togeather. :-?

Ha! He's got the two first ever Superbikes - the '69 Honda CB750 K0 and the '73 Kawasaki Z1 - AND a 1973 Mitsubishi Colt! Name a single 70's Brittish/American bike that'll run 12's from the factory!

I'm sorry, but you are quite simply wrong. I would pick a mint KPGC10 or C211Skyline over ANY american heap any day without thinking twice. Far more refined, beautiful, and rare.

KPGC10

img_showphp-1.jpg

http://flickr.com/photos/van/567070720/

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b85/R ... 270794.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s191 ... 1235705339

C211

http://aycu22.webshots.com/image/42861/ ... 776_rs.jpg

http://aycu29.webshots.com/image/43308/ ... 238_rs.jpg

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k186/ ... ent=16.jpg

Then there's the Honda S600, Datsun Z's 510's 1600's etc, early Mazda RX's (yes they certainly are classics when they aren't owned by brainless burnout loving kids), Mitsubishi Colt GTO, early celicas, and even the mid-80's Toyota AE86, the cult classic Japanese sports car. I had a 1975 GTO as my first car, and when I have the time and money I'd love to restore one, I've got a real soft spot for classic japanese cars, so you kinda struck a nerve. :wink:

What was this thread about again?

*edit* don't you own a jag with a dirty yank motor? :lol:

Not wrong at all mate, carnt believe that you really believe that, ( Far more refined, beautiful, and rare.)lol.

You ever driven or even listened to a american muscle car.No comparison

Hey I got best of both worlds, beautiful british classic luxury with powerful reliable fast american muscle. :wink:

Not wrong at all mate, carnt believe that you really believe that, ( Far more refined, beautiful, and rare.)lol. You ever driven or even listened to a american muscle car.No comparison

I certainly have, thats why I said what I did. I guess the beauty is subjective, but they certainly are more refined and the name 'muscle car' reinforces that, its like a weight lifter versus a martial arts expert. And the skyline would certainly be rarer than most "muscle cars", I doubt if there are any in NZ at all. BTW I'm not dissing the yank stuff, its just not my thing.

Who are you to be telling people whats good and not? you are obviousy a v8 fan but there are millions of classic jap fans too. Muscle cars are incredibly inefficient, a 250hp jappa would outrun a big yank tank on a decent road easy, whats so impressive about straightline power and standstill burnouts? really gets my goat when you guys cant appreciate a different style, im still very impressed when i see a nice rod...

im impressed DavidR most people dont even know what a kpgc10 is.

heres what i roll

cb7d603e.jpg

I'm sorry, but you are quite simply wrong. I would pick a mint KPGC10 or C211Skyline over ANY american heap any day without thinking twice. Far more refined, beautiful, and rare.

KPGC10

img_showphp-1.jpg

Now that David IS definitely a classic car!!!

I was just about to post that same one, until I saw your post. :lol:

Sorry if I upset anyone but I honestly didnt think there was any such thing as a classic jap car, kinda thought they rusted out or motor blew up before they got to classic stage. Ive also never ever heard the words, Far more refined, beautiful, and rare, associated with jap cars. I appreciate any car that has had a lot of time spent on it and been bought back to original or better condition but jap cars are in that class.

a 250hp jappa would outrun a big yank tank on a decent road easy, whats so impressive about straightline power and standstill burnouts?

I wonder why bathurst was restricted to holdens and fords only, might have something to do with the godzillas that left them behind.

I am on the fence, I own a '90 CRX SiR, not a classic, but I want to "restore" it to '90's style. Whereas I also like most muscle cars and would love the opportunity to own one.

Gag!!!! Choke!!! What are those UGLY photos!!! I'm with you, Bulldog.. we must be born before 1980 eh!

another open minded bogan :lol: :lol: :lol:

long live the falcodore..... ahem :-? the holden/ford arguement is my absolute favourite, whats the difference other than "mines way better"?

i think we need to understand the meaning of the word classic, in definition

"of recognised high quality; typical; simple in style." source oxford dictionary.

I think it is a classic if the above definitions apply to a vehicle whether i like them or not which i think maybe the real subject of this thread :wink:

for me i do appreciate some of the shown pics of jappers but my feet are firimly in the "old school" holden & chev camps. I currently own an old SS & have owned a few old v8 holdens & even a couple of old jappers.

my next car is going to be a hybrid...

i wanna drop a supercharged (toyota sc14) 306 v6 3.8l (holden) into a double cab navarra (nissan) with a hopefully big lsd from a ford. the rest of the body im going to fabricate out of multiple other styles too... looking at gettin some bmw headlights lol

or just a holden v8 if i can get the pingers together...

itll either be beautiful or a disaster... but im looking forward to it! :P :bounce: :bounce:

i never understood he holden vs ford arguement myself... maclaren vs ferrari in the F1 is much more interesting to me

i wanna drop a supercharged (toyota sc14) 306 v6 3.8l (holden) into a double cab navarra (nissan) with a hopefully big lsd from a ford.

it wont cost much more to do that with a 304 ci injected v8 & then it will be worth alot more if you want to sell it. a mate in my hot rod club put an old 308 into a early navara which was alot of fun to drive. it steered like a forklift, with the rear wheel as they spun :o

he sold it to some young guy a couple of years ago. i saw it at the kumeu hot rod show last year & it had persoanlised plates "WOK ROD" which i thought was very clever.

i wanna drop a supercharged (toyota sc14) 306 v6 3.8l (holden) into a double cab navarra (nissan) with a hopefully big lsd from a ford.

sounds like its gunna be a bit of a mongrel bro :lol: hmmmm i like it :lol:

remember what i keep telling you bro, all that displacement making up for something else :wink:

when your done we r gunna have to have a drag, and then a blat around taupo racetrack or something :bounce: :bounce:

I logged on intending to search for that "post your pics" thread but then saw this at the top o the page, and tought it'd do :wink:

Snapped on our way home from the weekend at Colville, on the motorway ...

I figured with those plates, it Must belong to one of you?!

021.jpg