My Fighter Stock

nycnlo

Hey guys just starting a thread of my fighters that ive got as my breeders

these wont include my fry/babies from spawn unless i plan on keeping them :)

Il be uploading piks later on and changing piks from time to time to get the best ones up of what ive got etc

CROWNTAILS!!

[this guy one of my crowntails.... taken when purchased but fins growing back nice now, dad of my second ct spawn]

ct3.jpg

[this guy is another of my crowntail male.. havent bred from him yet]

SDC13570.jpg

[this guy is another of my crowntail males.. dad of my first ct spawn]

ct-1.jpg

[these are my female crowntail breeders still younge at mo tho ]

ct-2.jpg

These are my halfmoon breeders 1/2

[these are my lavender butterfly halfmoon pair...stil need some conditioning up ]

SDC13167.jpg

SDC13170.jpg

[these are my Mustard Gas butterfly halfmoon pair... these are soo cool love the colouring..still need conditioning up]

SDC13147.jpg

SDC13168.jpg

[these are my white gas halfmoon pair...seem a little neglected from the shop just got them today but will turnout fine in end]

SDC13494.jpg

SDC13499.jpg

[this is my super red butterfly male .... thanks Josie41 off trademe... hes cool]

Halfmoon fighters 2/2

[this is my super red butterfly male .... thanks Josie41 off trademe... hes cool]

85286872_full.jpg

[this is my yellow halfmoon pair]

yellowpair.jpg

[this my black pk hm pair]

blackpair.jpg

[this my orange halfmoon pair]

SDC13120.jpg

[this my random black/copper vt or ct... cant tell exactly what he is .. still growing back]

SDC12801.jpg

[this my parteners pink/red vt hes pretty cooll plan to try mate with hm.. to throw interesting fins]

SDC12766.jpg

I also like the CT male of the first spawn. Some nice fish there. You should have some nice offspring. :D

yeah the babies are about 6 weeks old now and are showing some good fins and colours already

cant wait to see what they look like in couple weeks

Don't know what causes the ventral fins not to form. Some say its genetic, some say its the water conditions as fry. I had it happen once last year to 90% of my spawn, others have had it happen to a few. I don't know if they will be fertile. I didn't try with my ones although I have kept a couple of females and may give it a go.

generally they should be able to breed but if it is genetic them remember the fry wont have them either but if it is water conditions that prevented the fish from having them then it shouldnt effect your fry

[these are my white gas halfmoon pair...seem a little neglected from the shop just got them today but will turnout fine in end]

SDC13494.jpg

SDC13499.jpg

does this female have ventrical fins? she doesnt appear to in the photo

generally they should be able to breed but if it is genetic them remember the fry wont have them either but if it is water conditions that prevented the fish from having them then it shouldnt effect your fry

does this female have ventrical fins? she doesnt appear to in the photo

Hey ash :)

yup she does have ventrical fins i just checked ... shes almost transparant so really hard to photograph

most of my photos are pretty average , really need to fiqure out how to do them decently without reflections etc..think my light too bright in tanks too

hes got bumps where they should be, hes only a baby, maybe they will grow. by as adodge says probably not. hope its not genetic. but i got 8 of them and so far i think the rest are fine, they are siblings.

might be genetic... but might have been picked on in the fry tank... bit of friendly nipping :)

time will tell i guess

awesome fighters kris. :hail: but any 180 degree HM please ??

lol

il get around to taking new piks .. some are pretty old now

the mustard guy gets to about 180ish when flaring... il try get some piks of them flaring away tonight

have to try get some of the fry anyways

cheers david. :)

ps please please please sell me some green female hms :P really would like to try get some green offspring

I have one of those Aqua One units. I wouldnt recommened getting one. The idea was good and it is very space efficent, but at the end of the day fighters do better with more space, they are not the easiest to clean and there is not much water volume so fighters can be prone to disease. Its ok, but for the money you could make something better.

yeah ive got couple of the units.. i find im constantly cleaning them and doing partial changes daily

they only take about 18l so over 12 fish... thats not a lot

thats why im changing water so much

i would reccomend larger tanks.. i were thinkng about partitioning a large tank up with external filter etc

For space they are great.. ive got 24 cells all up.. plus lots of other tanks thru out the place

great for isolating young fish tho

Hey ash :)

yup she does have ventrical fins i just checked ... shes almost transparant so really hard to photograph

most of my photos are pretty average , really need to fiqure out how to do them decently without reflections etc..think my light too bright in tanks too

ha ha i need to take like 100 bad photos just to get 1 good one, but i think im starting to get it worked out now