prices?

livebearer_breeder

The aqua one could be ok however the lighting is a bit dim and it has to be modified to get a skimmer in it. Mind you for fish only it is hard to get a skimmer in it.

I am looking at getting a small aquaone and going to try to get a hang on skimmer working.

Can you not put T5's or the likes in these systems?? And if your converting to a reef system can't the filtering unit be removed since it serves no real purpose for a reef and therefore leaving plenty of space at the rear of the tank for plumbing and extra lighting (maybe a couple of halide pendants etc..)??

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=d648041f283e3648dd142e9737acef0c&threadid=403056&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

now if you dont think these are cool then your opinion about size is right,

but if you think otherwise then maybe there is a bit too much dogma in this forum about needing to have a big tank to have it be successful

Personally I think those nano's look like crap. For the most part I think are unsustainable.

Nano's are for pro's not beginners. Maintaining top water parameters is too difficult in tanks that small. Notice that the diversity of livestock is very limited. No fish (1 or 2 at most), and filled with zoo's mushrooms and occasional small leather cuttings.

To me it's not very impressive. Colours are washed out, presumably due to poor water quality / flow, and lighting, and you are very limited to what you can keep.

Layton

Mine runs on two cannister filters and a couple of powerheads just fine. If you were just starting with fish you would not even need the powerheads.

Just start with base (dead) rock, the life will develop. Every coral comes with a peice of live rock and lets face it how many of us still have the rock and not the coral?

I sell the Aquaone tanks and have seen similiar tanks (Jebo) in Australia. Over there they throw the lights away and partition off the back 10cm of the tank. They turn the back section into a trickle filter and hang a metal halide over the tank. They look good.

As reef said the standard lighting is a bit dim. There is new lighting in the AR620. Twin 14000K PL tubes (like a long life light bulb). The distributor can't tell me what wave lenght they put out but they are brighter than the fluros.

The tanks are also taller than they are wide so the rock work would look very piled up. It is better to have your tank wider than it is deep as it is easier to aquascape.

iduncan thats what i'm interested in and thats why it apeals to me, i think

i love the look of zoos and mushroom (even if people call them weeds :D )

sps are nice but to tell you the truth id rather have a nice soft coral or lps

i definatly agree that it is more difficult to keep stabile, but as i said before, if your willing to put in the effort and want a smaller tank then you can do it and still have it look nice