help setting up a betta tank

dusty

hello all

ive got my hands on a 60 lts tank and am going to set it up as a betta themed display tank but dont no were to begin its going to be planted and thats as far as if got so if you have same suggestions what would be great photos would also be cool to :D

i was told when i got mine that most fish that are pleasant nice community fish. no aggressive fish like silver sharks etc. and was told no male guppies as they are too frilly and the male bettas attack them or so ive been told. goodluck. was told i could keep one male and 2-3 females in my 22L tank as long as planted and females have places to hide.

have you allready gotten the filter? you should have a low flow filter otherwise the male will get stressed as it will be difficult for him to swim. allso what plants are yo wanting in there? you should make shure that they are compatable with how much light your tank will have.

yes i have a filter it is a bit of a over kill it a eheim 2213.but i am going to set it up with out the jet end on it so hopefully there wont be to much of a flow in there. as for plants i have no clue what i wont yet what plants can were get in nz that they may like

I run a 2213 on my 54 litre fighter tank. I use the spray bar and turn it to face the glass. Its not too much of a problem for my fighters and if you plant the tank out the disturbance will reduce further. Good tank mates are neons, cardinals, platties, bn. Angels, barbs, male guppies are not recommended but the ones I definitely would not put in the tank with them are the barbs. Leave a space for the male fighter to swim in when planting, mine like to be able to swim from end to end.