Guppys and Comets as tank mates

sparrowmayhem

Generally speaking it is suggested you do not keep them togther. Comets are coldwater and guppies (despoite often being sold as "cold water guppies") are tropical. Depending on their size the comets will also view the guppies as food so they may not last long enough to feed to the axolotls. Not sure an axolotl can catch a guppy :-?

I am not sure if it is the done thing but I have some guppies outside in a pond with some comets for summer and they are very happy. Their colours look amazing since going outside and they are breeding like... well... like guppies lol. They only thing would be that perhaps the comets, if they are of a decent size, they may attempt to eat your feeder guppies before they get to the axies

:( poor little guppies though :(

• 3 weeks later...
If the tank was kept about 18-20c maybe even 16 it could work but a full grown goldie would eat a guppy. I really don't see the point in feeding you axolotls guppies as they don't really offer any nutritional value.

:bounce:

I have been breeding axolotls for a few years now the fish are feed as treat once a month on top of there diet of bloodworm , earthworm, pallets and once a month ox heart i have found that the axolotls enjoy the hunt of the live food and its interesting to watch them stalk there prey